Hey Ring, got a question for ya!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ring, got a question for ya!

I saw a post somewhere where you discussed the advantage you received when you went to the Rapture over your old Mirage Plus. Well Mr. Uninformed me has been running the Mirage Plus on my 225 3.0 carb.for years now at 52-5300 WOT. (I now know by reading some of these threads that I have been sending my engine to an early grave.) Notwithstanding, the guy over here at C&C Props said he could get me up to the 5800+/- i'm looking for by cutting down my Mirage Plus and still be able to push my 211 fully loaded with 100+ gallons of fuel . What do you think? I would appreciate your feedback!
    Justus[br]\'93-211 Classic [br]Baton Rouge

Does he want to cut it down as in taking off some diameter? or does he want to take out some pitch? Either way, If hes a good prop guy, he can do it and it'll be fine. Although, you might look into trading someone for the next size down. I assume that you are running a 19P... Look for a 17P.

I've been tossing the idea of taking mine to Baggy's Prop shop and getting some ass taken out of my Mirage. But the other side of me says to trade it for a 17P. I'll see how the boat runs with the prop whenever I get her back in the water.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

My 17P yields me 42MPH on the gps w/ 1/2 fuel and 3 normal sized guys on the boat in fresh water. Lighter than that I need to watch the tach as I can spin it a little high. Motor is also mounted with only one hole open on the top. It didn't like being higher.

That was with my alum prop and a bottom that really needs to be stripped of it's paint. I've never run the SS on the lake. I would think the SS would bite more for some more speed w/o the worry of over reving.
      2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Ring, back at ya,

Yeah, he was talking about cutting down the diameter. My boat loaded is a heavy sonofabugger. I was a little worried that a smaller prop won't get it up! (No pun intended). What's the possibility of my running the boat to Slidell and throwing your prop on my boat for a test run? (Isn't your boat just a cork on a trailer right now anyway?) [88] Hey, I'll supply the adult beverages. So, what do ya think?

Comment

Whenever you want. Just let me know. Saturday is not good, but Sunday is fine this weekend. Just drop me an e-mail and I'll give you my digits.

Comment

Ring,

Thanx!, I will see what's going on this Sunday and drop you an e-mail. Being the old water warrior you are, I would like to bat a few other things off of you about the boat as well. Please let me know your email address.

Comment

Nevermind[8], just figured that email thing out.

Comment

Still haven't heard from you on the email.... [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X