1972 Mako 22 capacity plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Mako 22 capacity plate

Does anyone know how to obtain either a replacement capacity plate or at least the information from the original. I am about to buy a '72 Mako 22 and it was restored and the capacity plate was left off. Any advice would be appreciated.
    1972 Mako 22[br]Lake Jackson, TX

I have a '72 Mako 22' ... what's a capacity plate? Sorry for the ignorance! Maybe I can help.
    72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

likely it's 51 gallons of gas and max 250 hp. on the transom, I would run a Yami 225 or similar. I would think 2 or 3 co-eds would max you out. (drum cynbals and crash). My '73 can only carry one co-ed. Narrow T-top. (groan from the audience).

Mark
      \'73 22 Mako Reedville, VA

Comment

The capacity plate is the max HP and number of persons and wieght it can carry.

Comment

Right, plus dry weight, beam, how many fat people at once,.. I got a paper awhile ago from the web..

Comment

Caryr - you know you love this boat. the plate doesn't matter.

Read this site and all the threads. Dude, you are buying a vintage boat, not a new one.

Exactly the PLATE ? E-Bay, luck, chance..I don't think mine is still on my boat.. where's it suppose to be, anyway?

Comment

oh yeah ... dugh! I don't think mine has one either. From Mako-Boats.com ... Mako 22 Actual Legnth: 21'-9", Beam: 8'=0", Hull Draft: 10", Transom Height: 20", Approx. Weight: 1800lbs, Fuel Capacity: 51 Gallons, Max HP: 230. I will double check the boat this weekend. Hope that's not to late.

Comment

Hey No N I gotta place in

Reedville, where you at?

Mark

Comment

Mako Shako, I'm in Reedville. Where are you?

Comment

I have a 1972 Mako 22 Also, Mako Shako is correct!!

[br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

We have a place in the West Moreland Co. @ Glebe Harbor. Near Montross off of the Lower Mochdoc.

Comment

Mrdelgado - Does your boat have the built in rod racks on each side (next to the CC) under the gunnels? I have wanted to install these for many years and have heard rumors that they were factory installed special order on a very few boats but have never actually seen one. I want to see some pic's and if someone has taken them out to clean the teak (or whatever) would like to know what is behind them and how and if I could install them.

Mike
                        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Mako Shako, how many persons does your capacity plate say you can haul. Also, what about the payload weight?

Thanks

Comment

I can check the plate (if it exist) tomorrow. Also, classic73mako, a friend has a '22 with the built in rod racks. I will try to take some pictures.

Comment

Classicmako, No, mine doesn't have the built in rodracks on the side, I wish it did though. I was thinking of making some, but was weary of cutting all the foam out of the side because I didn't know if the foam adds rigidity to the sides of the hull or it was just for buoyancy. So i'm in the same boat as you, sorry (no pun intended)
                              [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X