Fuel water sepaerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel water sepaerator

Can some one tell me the difference in the racor separator and the spin on oil filter type. Is it worth the large price difference? Thanks..

Yep. It let's you drain off any water that was in the fuel tank and now collected in the bottom of the filter.

I'd suggest this one. It has a stainless mount, unstead of alum. The alum one's alway's seem to loose their paint or powdercoating after about 2yrs and look like crap.

https://www.surplusunlimited.com/Mer...egory_Code=625

Quantity in Basket: none

Code: 3516

Price:$68.95

Comment

Thanks...Thats a good website too.[]

Comment

filter pictured is for outboard only applications-we never want to drain gas into the bilge...right????

Comment

Nope.[:0]

Comment

My application is for a 225 Outboard.

Comment

Bobby, Can that base be purchased alone (without the filter)? I have plenty of spare filters. []
              Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

no you don't have to buy the whole set-up you can purchase the racor filter to fit the style head you have the one that is different is the omc style#32014 the other more popular style is the 32013.the one base is metal and the other base is plastic-plastic is for outboard boats and the metal bowl is for stern drives{yuck} or in boards.if you have an omc style spin on filter or a merc/yamana spin on than you use the mentioned filters.one word of caution:don't over tighten and lubricate the o-rings with clean grease-this will allow an easy removal.another good idea is to date them with a magic marker.

Comment

forgot:if you're changing to the racor filters from the regular spin on filters the first time you have to purchase that bowl-and again the plastic bowls are for outboards and the metal bowls are for stern drives and inboards.when it's time to change the filter the base is reused!!

Comment

I went with the screw on type since mine is mounted inside and the see-through part didn't seem worth the extra money since you can't see or get to it.

One good tip is to use a sharpie and write the date you install the filter. That way you know how hold it is and exactly when it needs to be replaced.
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
                    X