Re 221 built in storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re 221 built in storage

I have a 98 221. The inside of the center console is large but I cannot even get to most of it throught the small door in the stbd side. I am thinking of putting a tackle locker in the port side of the console. I like some of the ones I have found that have drawers and plano boxes but they are approaching 600 dollars. Any suggestions

I had teak drawers in mine that where falling apart. I built a cabnet out of starbourd with shelves that rubber maid boxes fit into. When you need something open the door pull out the box and get it out you don't wave to stand there in ruff seas. You can put it on the consol and get it.
    solid action[br]Texas city, Tx[br]Mako 25[br]

Comment

A good source for stuff like that is Birdsall Marine in Palm Beach, FL. They are a high quality manufacturer of things for center console boats. Their catalog shows them selling tackle drawers, but I can't find them on the website: http://birdsallmarine.com

On page 15 of the catalog they have fiberglass Tackle Lockers in two sizes. the small one is $169 and the large is $189. They're available in 3 gelcoat colors with white or smoke plexi doors.

The cut-out for the small one is 12"x10"; the large is 15"x13".
      Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

www.fpmarine.com

They have the 3 drawer bxxes for $55 I beleive + shipping. I have 2 on the way to put in the starboard side of my console.
        Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

those look good and cheap, I may order two and build a drawer for one of them instead of the trays, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X