Mako Aluminum Windshields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako Aluminum Windshields

I found out that the aluminum windshields that are on the classic era of Mako hulls were made by the same people who made the fuel tanks... Florida Marine Tanks and they are still in business.

Anyone looks for a top notch windshield shoud deffinitely check them out. http://www.floridamarinetanks.com
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

I had heard that they have the filler strip's that go around the window's, for when you want to redo the windshield frame.

Comment

My frames still had a sticker with phone number for Florida Marine Tanks. Did not know the weather gasketing might be availabe, but I'll sure find out.
      EastCoastResto.com[br]Smithfield, N.C.

Comment

I e-mailed theme about a windsheild frame for my boat it had the old plexy glass wrap around. But newer boats with the same console have the aluminum frame. This was the reply.

We no longer manufacture windshields or doors. Thank you for your inquiry.

Florida Marine Tanks, Inc.

The following is the contents of an information request form submitted from www.FloridaMarineTanks.com
        solid action[br]Texas city, Tx[br]Mako 25[br]

Comment

That sucks... They need to update their webpage.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Hmmmmm! I yhrought I saw on one of their tag's on a tank, that they were out of Perry,Fl. Perry, Fl for those that don't know is near the Gulf Coast where Fl bends from going west to going south.

Comment

I got another e-mail from Flarida marine tanks the other day hope this will help. I will try to find a web sight for them.

David,

We no longer make windshields, we closed that department like 3-4 years ago. I think Taylor Products is doing all makos windshield and doors, call mako to make sure.

Thanks

Blanco
              solid action[br]Texas city, Tx[br]Mako 25[br]

Comment

As of this past summer they did still have the gasket material. I ordered and received some when I redid my windshield last summmer. The person I spoke to was Blanco, which is the same person that solaction got the email from.
                1985 Mako 235[br]Houston Tx./ Biloxi Ms.

Comment

Working...
                X