Console seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console seating

I've got the 2002 Mako 232 and really enjoy the boat a lot. One complaint is that it does not have a front console seat. Obviously I considered this when I bought the boat and have used a good folding chair when necessary.

I'd be interested in learning if anyone has made or purchased a front console seat in the after market. I'm considering a folding seat with legs. Diminsions would be something like 36 X 24. It would include cushion on seat and back and have 2 or 3 folding legs. I'd probably have to mount to the console and floor but not 100% sure. Console would probably have to be re-enforced.

Any ideas.

Thanks, Jim

Why not a cooler w/ cushion? Then put a cushion on the front of the console for a backrest.

Comment

Then it would look like a Whaler[:x)][88][:x)][88]
      Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

War - already considered this when I decided on the folding chair. I didn't think the look of the console would be great once the cooler was removed.

Comment

You want a console seat and I want to cut mine off some day and create an even bigger fore deck with a coffin box as its center.

Comment

exactly the way I'm doing with mine. console is flat in the front and will have "low profile" mounting hardware for a cooler seat. It will be used to hold my drinks and food, seperate from the fish in the bigger cooler. I like the idea of being able to load it up at home, carry it to the boat, and strap it in (ready to go). It definately free's up a lot of space up front too if you decide not to bring it along.

Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Just a tip before you glass your console. It looks great, don't get me wrong, but I would try to mimic the angle of your T-top leg with the front of the console that will give it a real clean look.

Comment

I'd talk to ArcTek. You could probably mount a backrest pad against the top of the console and then install and folding bench seat below. He could probably build you some nice aluminum supports that fold up and allow the seat portion to fold flat against the front of the console when not in use. You could likely just put an aluminum backing plate on the inside of the console to support the pulling.
                Formerly: Mako 236[br]Currently: 35\' Viking[br]Greenwich, CT

Comment

Now there is a cool idea, I swear you guys are always thinking!!
                  [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

[]good job steve..give that third rod holder a little crack with a mallet. a few degrees 0ff.....[:x)].....jim[]
                    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Jim, I know... remember, I asked you about it before. You told me to beat it with a mallet then too.

just haven't gotten around to dinging it yet...[8)]
                      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

[88]steve ya wont ding it....wrap a shop rag around a mallett...and with a gracful swing...set it straight.......[]jim
                        www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Working...
                        X