1979 18' Mako w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 18' Mako w/pics

I sold my 17' Mako a couple of years ago and have missed her. Just purchased a 1979 18' Mako a guy in south florida had refinished but lost interest in. According to the Mako website...this boat was only produced in 1980, despite what my title says. This is an unusual boat in that the deck is completely flat once the seating area is closed. I need to rig this boat and wonder about horsepower. Any info on these rigs is appreciated.
    1979 18 Mako Backcountry[br]1991 Mirage 29cc \"Tuner\"[br]Gainesville, FL

Wahoo,

Was that the boat on E-bay? If so I'd be curious to see more pictures. It seemed quite unique.
    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

It seems Mako built special orders from time to time. I had a 1978 22B. We all know they didn't make 22Bs in 78, 77 was last year. The hull plate and the title say '78. Sometimes I think they made hulls and dated them whenever.

Comment

I've fished on a friend's boat like this one and really enjoyed it. I've been told Mako made less than 30 of this model...this is the one from ebay. I will try to post some photos if I can figure out the protocol. Any info anyone has on this model is appreciated.

1979 18 Mako Backcountry[br]1991 Mirage 29cc \"Tuner\"[br]Gainesville, FL

Comment

Thats a sweet looking little ride! Can't wait to see her all rigged out. I'll look through my archives and see what I can dig up as well.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Nice Mako.....

Comment

Working...
            X