1990 Mako 23 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Mako 23 ???

Found what seems to be a sweet deal on this boat. I need opinions on this hull. It sports a 17 degree deadrise but you would have never known it on the seatrial. Also, it rocked pretty good at rest like a deeper V. Kinda backwards from what you'd expect so I thought I'd better come here and ask the experts. Anybody???
    i[br] i[br] i[br] j <\'))))>{ [br]Greenwood/Mt Pleasant,SC

Oops, it is the Mako 230. Its a WA.

Comment

Reelthrill,

Is it Mr Frank in Murrells Inlet? If so, that seems like a pretty decent deal.
      SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

It's a very nice hull, but I'm biased[]. I just started the journey of redoing everything on a 1989 230. How's it rigged, adn what condition is the boat in?
        Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

I have a 1991 Mako 231 with 19 degrees of deadrise and I love it. That Mako 230 WA should be fine....it was a good production year.

Ed

Comment

Thanks for the replys. SCMAKO, its not Mr Frank but I've seen it on Boattrader.(you know you got it bad when you remember boats you see on the internet by name) Knock 10 Gs off the "Mr Frank" price. Seriously.---Micura, it has a hard, T-top with rocket launchers. Electronics box with decent & recent units. Lowrance DF, Garmin GPS and a VHF w/new antenna. Outriggers, trim tabs(Lencos) and Loadmaster aluminum trailer w/new axles. As far as condition, its in pretty good cosmetic shape but dont know about the guts. The Yammie(1990 225) starts easily, runs good but seems to be a little tired. Either that or the foam in the boat could be waterlogged. I know I'll get a survey before I purchase but wanted you guys opinions before I went to the expense. The motor is not a biggie because at the price, I can repower when she dies and be OK. Its more the boat I'm worried about. Like I mentioned above, it seems odd the boat rocks as she does with a 17 degree deadrise. Also odd that she rides as well as she does in the small chop. The guy says she has a 100 gal tank but the Mako specs say 120. Evidently someone has replaced the tank somewhere along the line. I could sure use that extra 20 gals. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Think I may go and take another, closer look and make up my mind on the survey. Thanks again for the replys.

Comment

Sounds good. Take a good look at the transom edges. there are supposed to be two inspection ports for the fuel tank, and one in the cabin floor that leads to nowhere. Let us know what happens[]
              Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

hey all! sorry we interrupted this boat work for football season. lol.

anyhow on the subject, i have a 230 wa with a 225 yamaha 2s. i use the boat mostly offshore. other than the obvious carefully inspect the cabin for water marks. usually a sign that the anchor locker drain tube is leaking and soaking the foam under the cabin. am in the process of removing the floor and foam now. next project will be to pull the tank. not as much room to fish as a cc but a nice place to get out of the weather if a sudden rain storm comes up. the boat rides smooth but has a tendency to list to the right. have learned to live with it until the decision is made on the transom, then it's on to the trim tabs. all in all i love the boat and have fished on many cc's. like my cabin more.
                Grant[br]87 21b 97 Suzuki DT200[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23633[br]New Orleans, LA[br][email protected]

Comment

Thanks again. I questioned the guy when he told me it had a 100 gal tank. I pulled the inspection plates but the capacity was not stamped anywhere as in most other boats I've checked.--- Grantn, what kind of performance #s are you getting and what yr is your motor? As I remember, we hit about 34MPH, tops.

Comment

Reelthrill,

If you can get that rig for less than $10k, that's pretty solid. Good luck.
                    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Working...
                    X