EVINRUDE FICHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVINRUDE FICHT

Are the Ficht's to be avoided, or were the issues corrected by the year 2000 ?

My buddy has a 1999 200 with 20 hours on it. It blew the heads and no one would stand behind it. From what I understand the problems were adjusted after 1999???? But do the research.

Brian
    Brian Dunwell[br]Houston, TX[br]1982 Mako 213 \"Makover\"

Comment

I have the same question. I have an oportunity to grab a 2003 or 2004 Bomb Evinrude DI (which I believe are Fichts) for an unbeatable price.
      Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

yes the earlier ficht engines had problems-they are now resolved.buisness associates of mine are the local bombardier dealers.barnacle bill's marine 856 785 9466 joe pekora is a master tech i respect his opinions i reccomend you call him for any info he will be glad to help you!!

Comment

The 2004 DI are the first that are modified BRP designs. The injectors are re-engineered and they have higher compression.
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

In 2001 or 2002 Evinrude re-designed the head on the Ficht engines to put a deflector between the injector and the spark plug. The injector was spraying fuel directly on the spark plug tip and fouling them out during long hours of idling.

This was the primary problem with the early Ficht engines and it was solved. Evinrude reportedly replaced the heads on the engines free of charge regardless of warranty status.

This is what I recall from watching the press and event. If the heads have been updated on the engine you are looking at then it is probably fine.
            [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

jgreene,

Check out this link to the trend on this forum titled 1999 225 fict, this ilink: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=2695

Or check out: http://www.boatsetup.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Their is a guy with the screen name johnformmichigan I think, he knows a ton...

From my research, the 2000's were fine, and the larger 1999 Ficts were generally good. The real problems, from my research, was in the smaller motors(150's and 175's).

Mind you, I have also heard that some of the 2000's have problems. This is just what i have seen, and talked to people about.

Good luck,

Grant
              \'76 Dyer 29- PALMETTO[br]\'?? 17 Angler [br]Darien, CT

Comment

I'm knocking on wood as i write this but my ficht 225 year 2000 has been worry free. When I got it the computer had been replaced with a bombardier. I took it to a shop for the shop computer print out before i bought it and it had about 750 hours. It was a QC problem at the factory that produced all these bad motors. I know people with no problems and heard about people with endless problems. Go get the engine plugged in to the computer at the shop- if it has had no problems then you should be good- but if it has needed a few replacements then the problems will continue.

Comment

Anyone out there wanna give away one of those crummy year 2000+ Bomb made 225 FICHTS cause they are crap motors let me know, I will gladly pay the shipping to my house !!!!![]

Comment

Knock on wood but my 2002 250 hp Ficht is just great.

Comment

All the early FICH motors when they were Evinrude were flawed. They eventually came up with a fix but by that time their reputation was shoot. All the Bomb motors are solid.

* generally speaking and of course my .02 *
                      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Take a look at the pictures of the ETEC engine on this web site:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/ETEC.html

That is clean... Those airplane guys know what they are doing.
                        [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Working...
                        X