Bennett vs Lenco Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett vs Lenco Tabs

Any opinions on the pros and cons of Bennet and Lenco trim tabs?
    Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Judging only by the cust service I hear about from Bennett, they would be my first choice. Some folks have nice things to say about Lenco but if I had to guess, it would be Bennett 3:1.
    2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

i have installed numerous trim tabs on customer's boats and i gotta' say the lenco tabs are much easier to install earlier units had a few problems with actuators however i have not seen a problem with them for quite a few seasons now.it is really a matter of preference.when installing trim tabs make sure to use the correct size and on larger boats 23 and up you want the biggest tabs you can fit-don't go overboard though example-don't use 36" tabs on a 23' boat. next size up is gonna be much better.they will help you keep the bow down to cut through a wave just beware of the spray!!!

Comment

I think that they are both great tabs, and you can't go wrong with either. Customer service is great from both. I think that I am going to go with lencos simply because there is no fluid reservoir that i have to find a place for. Less parts are easier on my brain. I have enough stuff that I need to find a place to put.
        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Lenco's are more responsive when you press the tab button, Bennett's are a better product with better customer service.
          St. Pete Beach, FL

Comment

I have Lencos on my boat and am happy with them. Very easy to install. Very responsive. Less that can go wrong. No Pump unit to find a home for.

Comment

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT GO WITH THE LENCOS MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL AND GREAT PRODUCT GOOD LUCK

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. Very helpful. The 230 I'm starting to work on has old Bennetts which are too small and I don't know if they're actually in working condition. Since I'm gonna replacece them as if there was nothing there, your opinions are very valuable. I'm thinking 12" x 18" since I'll be getting a single engine.

If Bennetts fail they're supposed to retract with the pressure of the water, do you know what happens to Lencos if they fail? Will they just stick and leave you running trimmed?
                Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

If the whole boating industry followed what Bennett does. Especially with Tom aka Tabman. You would not hear the horror stories that are around the industry.

Granted Lynco's are easier to install, but Bennett's are going on my boat.

I'm not sure if the lynco's have made improvment's as Jawz say's. I've heard a lot of them had troubles. This may have changed?

Comment

Thanks for your input Bobby. Seems like Bennetts are less expensive too.

BTW got the Armstrong deck plates today. They are tough cookies. I'm alittle bit worried about the handles on the one I'm putting on the cockpit floor, but let's see how the hold on to heavy traffic.

Comment

Cape Horn uses Armstrong's on their deck's from the factory.

A little more about tab's. You guy's know my boat is a 23ftr. If your space for tab's is limited, as in my case with hanging twin's on it.

The "Batwing" style tab will give you the same effect as a little larger tab. I actuall went with the Tournament Tabs as opposed to the M120's They are the same size, but I wanted the tab's to be Black.

This is a 10X12 tab, but it's "Batwing" style gives the same effect as a 12X12.

Comment

I removed the 12x12 Boat Levelers that came on my boat (too small) and replaced them with 24x9 Bennetts.

From personal experience, Bennetts get my vote.
                        Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

I've got 24x9 Bennet's on my puppy and they work great. Get the rocker switch though. I had the gyro type and hated it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

With those tabs, I've always felt like I had backup steering options. I can literally steer the boat on plane with the tabs. []
                          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I'm looking foward to trying my Bennett Auto Tab Control.

You run the boat on smooth water adjust the attitude of the boat with the rocker switch's. Once the boat is riding correct you push both buttons on the Auto Tab Control. This zero's it out. Then when your running you just turn it on and it seeks that zero point all the time.

No matter if you have a wild Indian running around the boat. It auto adjust's for that zero point.

Comment

That is tooooooooo cool. [)] If anyone has me on their Christmas list, I want one of those. []
                              Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X