I had fun this afternoon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had fun this afternoon.

I worked onthe house a bit this morning. Mostly stuff in the garage. Then I decided to get out on the water... Finally!!!! I slapped together a dolly to put my Gheenoe on and dropped on a Johnny 8 HP outboard. I loaded up my R/C boat and gear and went for a boat ride.

It felt good to be on the water. With just me in the boat, the Gheenoe is powered perfectly with the 8 HP. I guess another passenger would make a need for a 10 or 15 hp. Eventually I'm going to be making some modifications to the lil' Gheenoe, so 'll be adding some weight which will probably call for a 10 HP or more. If I get her back inthe water tomorrow, I'll check the speed with my GPS. Felt like low to mid 20's.

Dropped the R/C boat in too. This little bugger never gets old. Its fast as hell. So fast that she can run out of range in a matter of 5 seconds or so. I run her at half crack which gives about 25 mph or so. Wide open she probably pushes 40 mph or more and gets really shakey (gotta remember a 1:10 scale model doing 30 mph is like the real thing doing 300 mph!). When she gets in her own wake or the wind picks up she can really get erradic. I flipped her twice! But she flipped a complete barrel roll and landed on her feet and hooked back up and kept hauling ass. Kristie was there to see one of them.

I do enjoy a good straight away with smooth water to open her up. The lagoon behind the house is pretty big and I wouldn't want an area any smaller to run this sucker. I did crash once while trying to stall her out by the shore... Kristie got a good pix of it.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

That looks like great Saturday afternoon fun!

Cliff
    Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Cool pix's. Have you caught any crap about the Mako sitting outside yet.

Bite your toungh Bobby.[}]

Comment

Not yet... Knock on wood. I'll leave it there until I get around to draining the tank... Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Ed, That looks like a great day. Lets talk about that gheeno. Think about, beef up the transom, 50 hp, YA BABY!! [88]

Comment

Without some weight in the bow, I'm having trouble imagining a 15 HP on her!!! When I glass in some NIDA core decks, she'll get a bit heavier and a 15 HP will be great.

Comment

Glad to see you had a little fun. That little RC boat has a hint of SeaCraft shear to it [] I worked on my house today and now I'm getting read to head off to a Super Bowl party. It's been gorgeous weather in N. Calif for the past several days and I need to get out on the water soon.... I missed the annual super bowl sturgeon derby this weekend because I've been trying to get stuff done on on my place. The boat also has been getting neglected []

Strick
              Oakley, California

Comment

Working...
              X