261 & 231 Scans DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 261 & 231 Scans DONE!

Several threads have been posted asking for scans of the Mako placards for the 231. I had some time today so I photographed theplacard on my 261.

Opened it up in photoshop v7.0 and cleaned it up a bit.

I then exported it to Illustrator v9.0 and traced outlines.

Then substituted a 3 (a little rough) for the 6 for the 231 and added the circled locations of the pop-rivets currently (factory original) used to secure the placard.

This "231" has been revised.

I can export the outlines files as .jpg, .tif, .psd, .eps or PDF for any one who might like to use it for reproduction. I use the MAC platform OS9.22. Let me know if this will be of value to any one.

Note that the original is done in two pieces -- the break is between the MAKO and the 261. It shows up in the first photo. Also note that the outlines are of the letter & numbers only let me know if it will help to also out line the extend of the bevels which are the method of holding it all together (see the photo).

Let me know if another set of numbers is need by any one else.
    Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Wow, that is a great contribution! I wish I had a 261 so I could take advantage of it.

Cliff
    Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Hi Vic,

Can you just scan me a complete 261 and then send it to me in a Cadcam format so I can simply have one machined from a solid block of fiberglass? Oh never mind.

I took my 231 insignias off the boat years ago, along with the name I had painted on the side. I find that ananimity is a virtue and a benefit at the same time. LOL!
      [br]Mako To Go, Brick, NJ [br]1989 Mako 231 CC[br]250 Optimax[br]

Comment

I'd love to have a Mako250 to send to a graphics shop to make stickers. I'm not gonna go with the rivets, but I'd like the look of the placard.

Great stuff.... []
        Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Rude

Working on the 250 now. will post it whn finished.

Gary

Do you or don't you want the 231. Can't do the cad cam but I believe an .eps woul probably work in a Cad program.

Read your piece in the .Fisherman. re: the Pew "PeeU". Great piece maybe it would be a good post here.

Did you see this morning's .Ledger. re: RFA. Man they really did a number on RFA / Viking.
          Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Rude

Here it be!

Comment

How about "Mako 260" ??
              1987 Mako 254, 2013 Evinrude ETEC 175\'s (sold to my buddy)[br]1988 Mako 20, 2008 Yamaha 200HPDI (sold)[br]1984 Mako 17, 2005 Suzuki 115 (sold)[br]1981 Mako 21 (sold)[br]1978 Mako 17 (sold)[br]1986 Mako 260 (sold)[br]1997 Mako 232 (sold)[br]Tampa, Florida

Comment

Your request is my command. Will do ASAP.

Comment

How about a 254 for a fellow jersey resident?

thanks
                  82 254[br]Brick, NJ

Comment

WOW!!

I realy started something. TT you are next.

John

This 260 is for you!

Comment

TT

I revised this scan in that it appeared too high for its length. I believe that the new scan is more in scale.

Comment

I greatly appreciate it. []
                        1987 Mako 254, 2013 Evinrude ETEC 175\'s (sold to my buddy)[br]1988 Mako 20, 2008 Yamaha 200HPDI (sold)[br]1984 Mako 17, 2005 Suzuki 115 (sold)[br]1981 Mako 21 (sold)[br]1978 Mako 17 (sold)[br]1986 Mako 260 (sold)[br]1997 Mako 232 (sold)[br]Tampa, Florida

Comment

John

Any time!

Comment

[)][)]Don't forget the 224 [)][)]

Comment

Mako 224

You asked for it here it be!

Comment

Working...
                              X