Mako Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako Specs

I start working on my 25.1 CC 1989(I guess). Specs indicate a 151 gl tank. I remove a tank that I suspect is about that size but also found a second tank in fron. Is that standard or is an add on? Anyone who have the specs of the boat or something that indicate the lay out?
    JAPD

mako-boats.com
    Ocean Springs, Ms[br]\'76 25\'[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45623[br]

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I check that site but only give me numbers. I'm looking for a diagram or schematics of the boat (like instruction manual - Yes... I'm a newbee)
      JAPD

Comment

my boat has the same set up........150 gal of reg juice with an additional 50 or so in front of that. i will never used the addtional 50 gals. so i drained it and it is now just there. i have a 84 254
        1984 MAKO 254[br]Hartsville, SC

Comment

NonSeaMan,

The Mako 254 and 251 came with a standard 151 gallon fuel tank. There was an option for an auxilary 50 gal fuel tank as well -- bringing total capacity to 201 gal -- a tremendous amount in those days. If the boat were to be repowered with twin 150 4-strokes, it'd have tremendous range for a 25' boat.

However, the aux tank is NOT a direct feed; i.e. once you drain the primary tank, the engines don't switch out to the aux tank -- you have to pump the fuel from the aux to the main tank once you've got room for the 50 gal.

It makes for a great boat if you have the need for the fuel. The added weight helps balance out the ride. Here in Florida it make the boat a great one for getting to the Middle Grounds off west central FL and then for running to the Bahamas on the southeast coast. Off the northest I imagine it'd come in handy running to the canyons.

I don't have any wiring diagrams but will ask around.

Prop Blast
          Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Tks for your help guys!!! Now I know that is standard equipment and not an invention from the last owner.

And how you move the gas from front tank to rear tank? I'm in Puerto Rico and the extra gas will give me enoug to visit Virgin Islands, Specialy with my 2 motors 225 (little over power!)

JAPD
            JAPD

Comment

Working...
            X