Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 236 inboard Question

Hello All

What is your opinion of the 95 236 inboard , I may have an oportunity to purchase one for around 23k with 350 original hours on the injected engine. thanks in advance

I have a 1988. I think they are basically if not exactly the same layout. I love mine. It is great for the fishing and diving of South Florida. Where is the boat located? What do you plan to use it for?
    Paul[br]Plantation, Fl [br]1988 Mako 236 Inboard

Comment

I can't comment on the 1995 from a manufacturing perspective...but I do own a 1979 236 which is effectively the same design. I really enjoy the boat. Beware though, it is not going to keep up with your outboard counterparts, but you will pass them at the gas station. My boat has been pretty good on gas and parts for inboards are cheap and easy to work on.
      Formerly: Mako 236[br]Currently: 35\' Viking[br]Greenwich, CT

Comment

Boat is in the midwest and has never seem saltwater , will be used in jersey for offshore and inshore

Comment

Pat,

If I had an extra 23K laying around I would have already bougth it out from under you I love mine, and its a 1988 without a carb engine. I have seen pictures of the 95's and they normally go for about 35K or so. Is the haul in good shape? Check the compression, look the plugs over, have the shaft and engine alingment checked, get it wet and make an offer. You'll be really happy with the boat.

andy
          Andy

Comment

One other quick tip, pull the deck plate and both fuel access plates. You are going to want to see lots of silicone. If it has not been sealed you might have a problem with the foam being wet.

andy
            Andy

Comment

I looked at that boat a year ago. Offered more than that, but it wasn't enought then. Nice boat. Was in good shape.

Need a surveyor in OH? I know a good one.

Comment

Working...
              X