What size boat will I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size boat will I need?

Just kidding. I found a rare engine, 3 hp, evinrude fold up in a suit case engine, 1966, all original, minimum hours is much at all.

That is cool!! Take it on the plane with you when you come to the get together.
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

That 3 HP motor brings back memories. I had the same motor on my Sears flat Bottom when I was 10 years old. I am 42 today. Ran great

and it never looked that good. Lucky find.

Capt Bobb

191 Mako

Boston/Cape Cod

Comment

Pearl is gonn'a wip your ass if you try a Tim the Toolman deal and hook it to her dishwasher.[88][88]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by captbobb

That 3 HP motor brings back memories. I had the same motor on my Sears flat Bottom when I was 10 years old. I am 42 today. Ran great

and it never looked that good. Lucky find.

Capt Bobb

191 Mako

Boston/Cape Cod

The engine is so quiet for a two stroke, and has no vibration since it is a twin cylinder. The thing is almost as if it just came off the assembly line. I spoke to the new Evinrude operation today, and old guy that has been with Evinrude for 30 years,[Bombadier out of Canada now owns it] and he told me that this engine is so rare under normal conditions, but this engine is absurb in bringing huge bucks. So I am reconsidering using it in salt water. If I could sell this engine, I could almost buy a new Mako, if I could find the right buyer, or so says he.

Comment

I had one as a kid that didn't fold up and I couldn't kill it. My father said as soon as it died he would get me a 10 hp so I "accidently" had it go swimming a few times and the damn thing wouldn't die. I think he still has it in his garage somewhere.
            Pete[br]MaColAh III [br]93\' 261b[br]HO 200 hp ETEC\'s[br]Cape Cod[br]

Comment

I had a 25 tiller handle that was a real Everready bunnie, too. But thats the only outboard that has given me such a long life. I am a bit confused, now, as to what to do with it. I am torn as to use it, or to follow up on some leads and transform it into something more usefull. Heck I just like odd stuff, and one off, stuff that is just not common anymore. I had an offer of 3,500 hundred dollars, this evening. If I was in my younger days, I would say what the heck, but now things like this is just cool. Life's priorities, sometimes just gets buried for the real fun stuff, the emotional high with unigue stuff.

Comment

That would go a long way into buying somemore epoxy to finish the Garvy or make a hell'va down payment on Swamp Witch.[]

Comment

Swamp Witch????[?]Is that some new engine that I am not aware of, for the Bayous????

Comment

As I was driving home from work tonight, I couldn't

stop remembering the great times I had using

the 3 HP. However, I caution you when you go and use,

the one clamp that attaches the motor to the boat

has some issues....shot off the transom a couple

of times. My Dad would dive for it every time.

Drain the carb, pop out the sparkplugs and it was good

to go again. Always with a stern warning...."behave

or I will send your mother out in the boat with you"

As a matter of fact, the last time I used the

motor it shot off the back on long pond in

Yarmouth MA while doing donuts....30 years ago.

I hope my son does not read this.Sorry for rambling...

Comment

LOL!!! I can appreciate where you are coming from, as my two older boys had their first big motor, 40 hp mercury take drink, about three miles from the house, running it wide open across some water that did not exceed the draft of the boat, and ended up being towed back by sailboat. Boy was that embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wilson Ayala

That is cool!! Take it on the plane with you when you come to the get together.

After flying for twenty five years, I have not set foot on an airplane, since 1998, except for one trip to Seattle Wash. to ride back with my son. If this tired body shows up in Destin, which is better than 90 percent, depending on my wife's progress with her nightmare of a job now, I will be dragging a stinking wood hull, that will venture across the shallows, only. Deepwater is another thing I gave up in runabouts, except a few miles offshore, taking only fifteen minutes to return home.

Comment

Hey Wart......ain't you suppose to be workin on Hammertime's boat ??????? [88] []

Comment

I be's working boss. Lot's of little thing's in the work's. One of the thing's it's getting is a new Furuno 600L w/ Airmar tilted element X-ducer. I ordered the Furuno from www.ByOwnerElectronics.com

Best price and free overnight shipping. I ordered it late tue. morning and it was on my doorstep at 9:00am wed. It came DHL carrier. []

I'm building transom splash boards right now too.

Comment

Only mess'n with ya. Talked to him last night, sounds like you guys are doing some nice things. Everyone over here runs the F 600 and swear by it. It should really perform with that t ducer.

I'll get to see your handy work in a few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X