water entering bilge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water entering bilge

[]1982 22.8 My first mako sea trial.,and purchase ,but all the upgrades, auto pilot, outrigers,225 merc. T top etc.but, she laps a litle water into bilge.yes just put in 60 gal gas. The rule pump ,not auto, can handle the input.Then after loading on trailer she drained at leased 80 gal. of water.We thought she was just holding rain water before our first trail.WE went back out ,she did not take water into battery hatches and all went well,but the transom sits low to me.yes ,hatches may need new gaskets ,But boy!Do mako's transoms normally ride that low?

Something is wrong. Was it that full when the second time?
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

What do you consider to be low? Can you get some pics posted? I could be something pretty simple like you said about the hatches.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wilson Ayala

Something is wrong. Was it that

full when the second time?

No, second time around she was dry and water did not lap in ,however only a few inches seperated the drain holes. If seas were rough it would have.thanks for reply

Comment

Well it could have been from rain water. How long was it sitting out uncovered? Do the rod holders drain to the bilge?
          1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

I have the same problem on my 238. At first it was the rigging cables. The cables came out very low in the transom and when about two inches of water came in, it seeped in through the cables. I had the cable moved up and fiberglassed the old hole. That really helped, but we just had about two weeks of rain non stop and my bilge is full again. I am convinced it is the deck plate from West Marine. I am ordering an armstrong deck plate to see if that changes things.
            1984 238[br]Mission Viejo, California

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by B*******

I have the same problem on my 238. At first it was the rigging cables. The cables came out very low in the transom and when about two inches of water came in, it seeped in through the cables. I had the cable moved up and fiberglassed the old hole. That really helped, but we just had about two weeks of rain non stop and my bilge is full again. I am convinced it is the deck plate from West Marine. I am ordering an armstrong deck plate to see if that changes things.

Comment

Thanks b.... I had a second post, rain water in belge .I'm still trying to find out how many gallon of rain water will collect in the belly of the boat that does not flow to an opened drain plug when the boat is sitting level on a trailer?

Comment

#1 - Store the boat with the bow up, drain plug removed

#2 - Those access hatches will leak if not attended to, the compete hatch may need re 4200.

#3 - Have 2 pumps

Most boats leak a little, expect a cup or two of water to drain......

Are ya sure it is not the live well draining ??

Comment

Working...
                  X