Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 231 emblem scans

Hi all-

I had a chance to scan the Mako 231 emblems the other day. Since they are not perfectly flat, they are going to need to get "cleaned up" by someone with extensive photoshop experience.

I will email them to Eddie and maybe he can post them on the site as jpg and eps files.

Ed

There is a nice set of Mako 20 placards on Ebay right now for anyone interested. If nobody here bids on them... I will!
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I have my eye on those to Ed, thought they would look good on my 20.

I generally dont bid till the last day. dave
      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

As long as you are on top of things...[]
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

guess I got to come clean...I'm bidding on those 20 placards!
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Ed

Photoshop is one of the things I do on a daily basis -- let me know what you want done and send me your scans in as high a resolution as possibe (200 - 300 ppi) and I'll spend some time on them.

Vic

[email protected]
            Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

I have my eye on those to Ed, thought they would look good on my 20.

I generally dont bid till the last day. dave

Dave...are you and I gonna have to have a "talk" out back? he-he [] May the best man, umm, bidder win!
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
              1985 Mako 20c - sold
              Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Looks like there are 3 different bidders Chances are they will be rich for my blood. I hope someone from the forum gets them. dave.
                [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Capt Vic-

I will make sure the scans are 200-300ppi. My buddy who is a graphic designer scanned them in for but he did not have a ton of time to spend cleaning them up.

If for some reason, the scans are no good, I will ship them to you and you can scan them in. Just need to box them up real well because they are super,super fragile.

I also have access to a Mako 251 emblem too. Might try and scan that one too so we have a library for guys when the originals are no longer available.

Ed

Comment

I'll be happy to ship the Mako 20 emblems from Ebay....when I win them. [8D]
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Whenever you have scans let me know and I'll spend some time cleaning them up and posting them for future use.
                      Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Hey Capt Vic-

Still waiting for my buddy to send me the scans. He is notoriously SLOW!

Ed

Comment

Ed

I'll be here until about Mar 10 then I'll be gon for about a week. As soon as you have them and are ready to forward them E-mail me at [email protected] . I'll let you know where to send them.

I'm not quite sure what you're going to do with them if I have some idea I'll be better able to figure how to process them. Give me an idea as to how they will be used.

Comment

Capt Vic-

I want to post the files on this site so that guys who need Mako 231 emblems in the future can download the file and take it to their local sign shop and have them cut them out of plastic with a cnc router. As you probably already know, Marine Connection is one of the few places that has the emblems and the selection gets smaller and smaller by the day.

I was thinking we should save them as an eps file? Whaddya think?

Ed

Comment

Ed

Thats no problem. If some one wants a copy after I've processed it I can forward a CD for use by the cutter. I work in MAC so if that will work i can send it out, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X