Img

I guess I'm having problems posting....

[8D][8D]
    Captain Scott[br][email protected][br]Fort Lauderdale, FL

Here's more....

[][8D][]

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen one of these. How about some more details AND pics!!! Looks like tons of storage. How about a pic with all the hatches open so we can have a look inside? [8D]
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

That is finer than frog hair.... I bet there aren't many of those out there.
        1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

Wow! That is a really unique boat. The lines are different from the other makos of that era. There is a lot of bow flair. That is definitly a flats boat and I can see why fly fishermen would love it. Thanks for shariing those photos.

Cliff
          Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

The boat drafts 8". Under the 15 hatches are the following:

Starting from aft - 2 live wells flank the lower unit of the engine;

Access to batteries, bildge, etc. aft, full beam tournement live well, 3 hatches open for seating, (where you put your feet); Large center hatch for cooler, gear, etc; port and starboard rod lockers; and a forward live well for bait. The live wells are plumbed so that they can be and are used for dry storage. It's nice to fish without gear all over the place. There are also 2 fittings fore and aft for raised seating, which we use while bass fishing or when not throwing the fly. A Great White trolling motor is pending installation, hopefully within the next month. We've had it for a few years, but I've been overseas and have not had the opportunity to install it. There is a factory installed plug for a trolling motor on the stbd bow gunwale. Weight is 1150#. Fuel is 30 gal. Full beam poling platform was made by Maverick I think. Not real sure.

Regards,

Captain Scott

P.S. "Searider" on this forum is my father and took the pics when we were fishing last week.

[8D][8D][8D]

Comment

I've heard of folks not like Mercs but there's no reason to piss on it[]
              SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

QUOTE: A Great White trolling motor is pending installation

I installed a 74# Riptide last year on a neighbors boat.

Be very carefull about the wiring. the boat came with 3- 6ga wires run from the factory. It was coiled and layed in the bildge. It turned to $hit. Corosion had crept up all inside it as they didn't seal the ends.

That was beside the point. I yanked it out and installed 2ga for the way the run needed to be made. Aprox 70ft run +&-. It is a 24V setup. On a 17 Keywest he says it will leave a wake behind the boat. He's VERY happy with it. I haven't been on the boat.

Comment

I plan on replacing the factory wires with 2ga or 1ga and the plug. The motor is an 87# thrust and it will be installed on a quick release mount so that I can remove it for security reasons. We'll probably mount the batteries where the forward baitwell is amidships in order to balance out the load better, especially when we put on the four stroke engine. The wires should be easy to pull through using the originals. Thoughts?

Comment

Also, this Mercury 115 "tall boy" runs better than any outboard engine I've ever seen. You just "turn it on". No cranking. Amazing.[8D]

Comment

Thats cool! I realy like that boat. I havnt seen one either. Good luck. Gary

Comment

Love those things!!!!!!! I wish I had one. I remember seeing the ads in FL Sportsman when I was a kid and asking my father about them. I seem to remember my father hearing something bad about them. I think that they are really cool.
                        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

My father spoke with a Mako rep. that was at the company in the 70's and 80's. He said that they couldn't afford to make them due to the enormous ammount of work involved and expense of having 15 hatches on the boat.

Comment

I was wondering about the console and where your feet went. Pretty good idea to have a hatch which can then be closed and used to store your pfd, jacket, and other things you use while running but not when fishing.
                            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                            1985 Mako 20c - sold
                            Fort Walton Beach, FL
                            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Captain Scott You will want a Blue Seas Mini on/off switch and the proper breaker to put close to your batteries.

Comment

Working...
                              X