beam of a 1971 22 foot mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beam of a 1971 22 foot mako

any idea what the beam of a 22 foot mako 22 would be?

Thanks!
    24 Privateer customized by Hurricane Sandy[br]

You can get all the specs at http://www.mako-boats.com
    Pete[br]MaColAh III [br]93\' 261b[br]HO 200 hp ETEC\'s[br]Cape Cod[br]

Comment

More specifically ... http://www.mako-boats.com/MAKOBOATSPECS.htm ... all 22's I looked at are 8'. You need to add your model year.
      72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Nevermind! 1971 dugh ... that one is posted at 8'.

Comment

wow...so a 19 ft mako and 23 have the same beam?...thats odd....

Comment

Yeah and my 19' Bayliner Classic is 9' too.

Comment

QUOTE: wow...so a 19 ft mako and 23 have the same beam?...thats odd....

It's odd by today's standards, but it gave a good length to beam ratio.

This help with speed vs lower HP.

Comment

Yeah but the 8' beam goes on boats from ~19 to 25 feet. I know one length has the perfect form factor, but not all. I had always assumed that the trailered boats had a width limit (to put them on the road), hence the common (very common) 8 foot width. Digging deep to by Ocean Engineering days and talking to some of our Ocean guys, the higher the length to width ratio is more efficient. Hence the long crew boats ... big a$$ ships ... of course there are many other factors that I have completely forgotten! Go Hokies!

Comment

makoshark...whats a hokey?

Comment

Makoshako (don't ask me what it means!). I wanted Makowako on the AOL IM, but it was already taken. Now you want to know what a Hokie is ... hmmm ... while in New Orleans last week, that question was asked several times. The standard answer is a castrated turkey, however the the official definition of "hokie" is "a loyal Virginia Tech Fan". I don't like that definition either. They say it is from an old (1896) cheer. Whatever. Hope that helps!

Comment

we are laughing our a$$e$ off here in New York...........thats really funny........so tell me, have you experience castrating turkeys?...LOL!! hopefully you stick to football!

Comment

No ... I have not personally castrated a turkey ... but I wouldn't put it past some of my friends. As you said, I try to stick to football. To be honest, I don't think that would create a hokie anyway. I still like my hokies though! Have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...
                        X