mako 25 transom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 25 transom

I am trying to find out the angle of my transom it is a 1976 Mako 25. I want to close the transom and install a bracket. I found a D&D for a 12 deg. transom. It is new but don't know if it will fit my boat.
    solid action[br]Texas city, Tx[br]Mako 25[br]

Welcome Aboard solaction. I see you've been reading my post's to newbe's. HeHe Thanks Much.

It's pretty simple with a carpenters framing square and this imfo.[]

MEASURING THE TRANSOM ANGLE: Place a carpenter's square, with the long side (22.½") under the keel or to the outside edge of the hull, parallel with the chine. When the short side (14") comes in contact with the transom, take the measurement (see sketch) between the inside corner of the square and the boat transom. Each 1/4" is equal to 1° in transom angle.

By the way mine was 12deg. What bracket are you getting? The size/model.

Comment

I've got the same boat. Post your findings when you have them. I'd like to know what it is.

Tom
      Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

Warthag the bracket I'm looking at is a model RT twin mount standard pontoon. I wanted the swim platform but for the price I found on this one I think I'll live with out it.

Comment

Be aware of the shaft length for you motors also. I don't remember exactly what stock numbers, but when my bracket came in, I had to send it back because it was for 20" motors instead of 25. I beleive there is just a lip on the bracket for the longer shafts.

Good luck.
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

solaction You have a Private email.[]

Comment

Tsawyer the transom deg. is 11 deg. hope this helps you out.

Comment

Working...
              X