Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mist-rest is no longer toppless...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mist-rest is no longer toppless...........

[^]just outfitted...a pure gem to work on..tee came out sweet..a pleasure to work on..as makos always are.....rob..your a classy guy. and thankyou for giving arc-tek marine the chance to work on a sweet craft..happy new year..good fortune to all..........jim[]
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Your welcome and thank you as well. A great shop to get your fabrication needs done at. No lacie doilies or fancy bathrooms. Just a shop with Jim and Ron who know what they are doing and at a great price too.

Now I have to learn how to post some pics of OUR work[88]
    2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Yeah, I wanna see. If you don't have a place to upload the pixs, send them over and I'll post them for you.

Glad Jim was able to tighten you up.[]
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Ed, That's the best offer I have had today! I'll send them to you and you can post them wherever you like. I have the electronics stripped off for the winter but this will give you an idea of what has happened to the boat.

Should I send them to the wedmaster address or your email?

Thanks a bunch

Rob

Comment

send to... [email protected]

I have unlimited space there.

Comment

Congrats Rob! You're gonna love having a T-Top.

Getting one put on my rig was like getting a whole new boat!!! []
            Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Here we go... Jims (Arctekmarine) and some of his fine work. Looks great, both the builder and the owner should be pretty happy with this.[]

Comment

Thank you very much Ed.

Now I get to run my wires and fill the old holes in the console.

You can expect my multi shirt order next week.

Comment

Jim or whomever,

What are the welds and screw taps that are mid way through the bend along the console of the front and back legs? These can be seen easily on the 3rd and 4th pictures. Are they snaps for canves?

Cliff
                  Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

[88]hi cliff. these are breakaways...robs top comes apart gracefully. jim.....
                    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

The cap screws are holding break aways. There are 4 of them, one on each leg. You remove the 8 cap screws then the 6 flatheads that fasten the flanges to the top of the console. I wanted to be able to take the top off so that I can get the boat into the garage for the winters. I could also take the top off for long trailering but I now don't think that I will bother. The wires will be run inside the main frame 1.5 dia. tubes. They (the wires) then turn into the tubes that run into the top of the console. Both sides are like this. You just leave enough slack coiled up inside for when you remove/lower the top. The height of the top was set up for an E box but at this time I do not want one. I also fish with some taller guys over 6' and they will not hit their heads on the rod holders. A little tough for short people but that's life.

All of the bends and the following of the lines of the console are Jim's idea. I left it up to him. He's the bender and welder. All of the joints are machined on a bridgeport miller prior to welding. These joints are neat, clean, and tight. If you can not tell I am very glad that he did this job for me. After talking to him on the phone I never even shopped the job around. I dropped off the boat and told him to do what he does best.

Comment

You guy's call'em breakaway's. I call'em Glad hands. Same thing.

Gladhands are the fittings they use on tractor/trailer air line hook up's.

It's really nice. I like the use of the oval tube across the front of the console too.

I bet Eddie wish's he had the breakaway's/Gladhands on his now.[]

Sure would make it easier to get into the garage.[]

Comment

Nice job!
                          NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

Hey Jim,

So this is what you are picking me to win !!!!!

Just waiting to hear my name called.

"And the winner is"

Great looking top. Awesome work.
                            Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Bravo- well done. Looks great.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X