Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeToothphotos

Eyetooth,

Here are the photos from the catalog with your boat and a big marlin hanging off the back!

Cliff

Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

That is Dr. Gene Westerfield - orginial owner of the Eyetooth. He was my dentist when I was a kid and would still be today if he hadn't died of cancer years ago. My dad was fishing on the Blind Hog - which was a 25 Mako that I grew up fishing on and actually came over to help land that fish. They got the marlin to the stern and everytime a wave would wash over they would pull it in a little more. They kept doing this until they had it in enough to run home.

It's funny you posted this. I was just looking at the Mako plaque today which is hanging inside Auer Marine in Fort Walton. Auer used to be the Mako dealer back in the day.

Does someone on this board now own the Eyetooth?
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Checking the numbers, that's got to be a '80 to '85 235 model.

Comment

80-83 ish... They pretty much stopped the yellow floor thing around 1984. That brochure is from either 1981 or 1982.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Wart,

You better watch out with all the evidence you have left on these postings. Animal cruealty will have a field day with you on animal abuse charges.[88][88][88][88][88]

Happy Holidays !!!
          Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Sailor,

Yes, the current owner of the Eyetooth is a member of the forum.

Wow, thanks for sharing the rest of the story.

Our family went to our second Mako owners tournament at Destin in 1982 with Auer Marine. I was a small kid then but have fond memories of Destin in the early 80's and my father regularly comments on what a good tourny the guys at Auer put on.

Cliff
            Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Sailor,

I was wondering if you knew Roger Browning, he used to live in Destin and was a big game fish taxidermist in the late 70's and through the 80's? He is located over here now. Take care, Murray
              Murray Gaskins[br]Valdosta, Georgia[br]Mexico Beach, Florida[br]Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,[br]don\'t tell them where they know the fish.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Murray

Sailor,

I was wondering if you knew Roger Browning, he used to live in Destin and was a big game fish taxidermist in the late 70's and through the 80's? He is located over here now. Take care, Murray

I know the name, but I'm sure he knows my dad. Dad was the only Dermatologist in town until probably the late 80's and had knew all fishermen. He also did a lot of bill fishing with several other docs in town. I'll ask him about Roger. If it's the same guy, then I think he mounted my first billfish when I was in the 7th grade.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                Fort Walton Beach, FL
                http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
                X