Hardware question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware question

I am looking for the knurreled stainless thumbscrews that Mako used to lock down the covers on the two battery hatches on either side of the motorwell on my 224. I know they are manufactured by a company called Southco. Does anybody know a part number for these or where I could order them from.

They're supposed to have knurled knobs???? I thought the Stainless hex heads and washers were stock equipment...LOL

Lemme know if you find them bud, I'll be looking as well.
    1983 Mako 224[br]Onancock, Va.

Comment

I just sold those aft hatches and the little knobs to a guy in my area. Sorry, I don't knwo of a source for more of them. But I'll be on the look out.
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

i know exactly what your talking about for those covers but if theres anyway someone could post a pic of it i'll have my girlfriend look at them and see if she can get them( her family owns a hardware store).......i'll see what i can do

Comment

I don't think they make them anymore...at least that is what I was told by an owner when I was looking at his boat. My current boat has wire ties on the shaft of the screw on the inside of the hatch so that they will not come off when unscrewed.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I have no idea what the screws look like for the covers in question. This is what came to mind and I found a pix.

These are computer case screws.

http://www.techadvice.com/help/Produ...ase-screws.asp

Comment

Those dont look too custom....

Try the McMaster-Carr catalog, they carry a ton of oddball fasteners and you just might get lucky.
              1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

I found this imago on Southco's site. It appears they can be purchased online. This is what the original screw is.

Now I have to figure out what size to get.

Comment

Thats the guy! Someone needs to buy a schitload of them and sell them to all the owners of Old makos.
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

They sell those at Hudson's Outboard (Mako dealer) in Salisbury, MA. I bought a pair of those for my old Mako 201.....I think they were kind of expensive....maybe $10-15 each???

Comment

Talk about a mark up. Just hold a freaking gun to their head.[!]

Comment

Working...
                      X