What is this stuff?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this stuff?????

It seems to be growing on my boat trailer and its even growing on the chines now???? Wierd crystal like structure... Never seen such a thing[?][?]

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Maybe it has been so long since your boat has seen water that it is starting to melt when it rains. []
    Slidell, La

Comment

We just had a snow shower over here. Pretty cool and very cold.

Slidell, La

Comment

Ouch!. Better bring her inside next to the fire. She may get a little pissy if she stays in the cold too long. I wonder if I can call the wife and have her bring mine inside? I bet she's standing at the window, hot cup of coffee in hand, smiling and wondering if the cold will freeze the boat for melting later !! Only a blue smudge and electronics left in the drive way. [:-(]
        Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Ringleader, who made your top and how much did it cost (if you don't mind me asking).
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

white stuff is here too [:u]

1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

We had a heavy snow shower a few miles south of Cameron last night on the way out.
              1985 Mako 235[br]Houston Tx./ Biloxi Ms.

Comment

I take it you had to crew change on Christmas??? That sucks. Hope they still pay well for holiday work.

Hows that boat? Did you move yet?

Comment

Artie, the T-top was made by James Caldwell right there in Biloxi. Hes the best if you ask me. I think the top cost me about $2400 by the time I got the powder coated electronics box and a few well placed "Oh Shit Bars". Its a rock solid top. It doesn't shimmy or rattle a bit. I'm 200 lbs and I never think twice about swinging in and out of the boat from it!

The nice thing about a Caldwell top is that he and I designed the top while sitting in the boat. The whole top is built for a 5'10" guy who happens to have my reach. He measured everything including my reach for the rod holders. You may pay an extra few bucks for him, but it's custom and top notch welding.

Let me know if you want some extra pixs.

Comment

ICE. I-C-E. Rhymes with "nice".

That's the stuff that makes us yankees pull our boats for the winter.

WINTER. Three months when it gets really cold out.

Sort of like a walk-in fridge, but outside.

Oh never mind. You southern boys just wouldn't understand...
                    NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

That's the stuff that us Northern boys snowmobile in[:x)] Problem is you'll need a whole lot more to enjoy it[:x)]
                      2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Sounds like what I'm looking for. Please send pics. Email if it's easier would be ok. A freind of mine had his top for a Seafox 22' build there and it looks great.

Oyster has convinced me to tackle the console, extra fuel, and coffin box. Hopefully I can get it done and get the boat over to these guys for a truley custom top. Should look most excellent. Hope the weather lets me get started this time home from Africa !!

Comment

Now don't blame your obsession on ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried helping you out of your addiction, BUT NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO, You just can't get enough, can you!!![:x)]

Comment

[88] You are exactly right Oyster. I just had to blame someone besides myself 'cause the wifey just doesn't understand anymore.... [] I looked around and said "But Oyster said....... ". Didn't fly over to well with her either. So, now I'm in reverse psychology mode . "Baby, I can get the boat out of the driveway for a few months if you let me trailer it up to NC and drop it off at this guys house so he can work on it...." (After Jan 1st and the blufin tags are open again of course)...

I'm either a genious or dummer than dirt for digging my own grave!! But, it's my boat that does it to me.... []

Comment

Working...
                            X