Thinking of making offer- Input???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of making offer- Input???

Any one have input on this one. I am thinking of making an offer. Seems like a good deal.

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/show...threadid=14080
    1986 Mako 224 twin 1986 Yamaha 115\'s - repowered with 2005 200 Yamaha HPDI[br]

Its a really nice looking boat. Get it surveyed and make an offer based on the survey.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by pete

Any one have input on this one. I am thinking of making an offer. Seems like a good deal.

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/show...threadid=14080

Best boat there is !! (a little prejudice I guess). The ride is a little wet, but it'll keep most happy. I like the tower. Looks like a real clean and well kept boat. I see great deal (assuming it's as good as it looks from a surveyer) and all kinds of things to tinker with and customize !!

Good luck
      Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Ringleader, How old would a used mako have to be before you got it surveyed before a purchase. thanks

Comment

I have a 25' (well, parts spread around the shop) and I love it, I am shure that I will like it more when I get it finished. I know two different people here on the coast who have late 70's 25' and they fish the crap out of them. There are a few charter boats that run 25's too. The one that you are looking at looks good and the price seems right if it checks out....Merry Christmas [8D]
          1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

Pete,

My neighbor bought the same boat a few years back (less the marlin tower) with a pair of early 80's 140 Evinrudes. He paid 11,500 for the boat and loves it soo much that he plowed another 21K into it 2 years ago for a pair of 140 hp 4-stroke Suzuki's. His boat is kind of slow with the 140, cruises at 21-22 knots, but he can wind'em up and run along faster. He fishes the NE canyons here off of New Jersey and makes the tip (90 miles each way) on under 100 gallons of fuel.

A great classic fishing machine!. I'd own one but I like to sit behind glass when running my offshore boat instead of standing..those 3-4 hour runs offshore make for a long day on the feet and knees...

Chris Miller

1974 17CC Mako

1985 24' Rampage Express
            Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

1. The engines are pretty old. If you are ok with that going in, no problem.

2. I would be conserned with the fuel consumption of that rig. I run a single 225 Ocean Runner on my rig and it really sucks up the fuel. I don't know that I would want to feed two of them.

3. If it were me and I had the money to do it right I would immediately repower with an efficient pair of 150s. I have fished the same boat powered by 150s and it is an awesome ride.

Comment

Pete... My rig was powered with 2 x 175 2000 Johnsons (carberated) before I got the 2 x 200DI 2004 'Rudes I have now. With the 175s and multiple prop configurations, the best I could get was 1.2 mpg on a good day with 32 mph cruise at 4200rpm. With the new motors I get 2.0 mpg at 40 mph cruise at 4200 rpm. The 200s may be a bit of an overkill, but I just wanted the 3.3 ltr block and I go far enough out that (with a prop change) I can run on 1 motor at 32 mph/4600rpm. Good to have for safety sakes.
                Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

That's a great boat! Add some controls on the tower and you are set. It should fly with those 200's. You would see upper 40's, maybe 50 if they are new and should have no problem cruising in the low to mid 20's on the way offshore - depending on your heels and back. []
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL
                  http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I just re-read the post....I would definitely have the transome checked out as well the starboard side where the dive ladder attachment was added. Not sure why they would advertise that the "transom was strengthened" unless it was weak. You may want to be careful, but if it checks out - it is a great hull. Very classy lines.
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I have backed off after making several calls to the owner. All of the photos they are sending were taken in April of 2003. The boat was repainted then. I asked for new photos and I was told that the boat was sitting in a warehouse and still looked liked the photos and would not get me anymore updated pictures. I asked about the engines and all I was told is that one of the engines was rebuilt and both ran strong.

The post said the engines had 400 hours but I am certain that cannot be for both engines if one was rebuilt.

Good luck!
                      1986 Mako 224 twin 1986 Yamaha 115\'s - repowered with 2005 200 Yamaha HPDI[br]

Comment

You did better than I did. No return phone calls. Could it have received damage during the storms? Is it in the repair shop with a big bill on it? If I owned a boat and had a live buyer for it, the first thing you do is to provide a picture to someone with potential money in hand. You can run those Florida numbers and get a good idea of any liens of it, too, collateral title, like bank loans, unpaid, as in repossessed storage shed.....

Comment

Working...
                        X