Wanted Replacement Center Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Replacement Center Console

Looking for a complete center console for a 1973. Would like to locate one with more stotage and height than the original. Any ideas on where to look or who to contact? Any advise would be helpful. Happy holidays to all.
    Hugs Tug [br]2007 SteigerCraft 23\' Miami W/ 225 Suzuki[br]Former 1973, 23 Mako C/C with I/O[br]Mattituck[br]Long Island N.Y.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but there is a company here in south Florida, Birdsall Marine, that makes two different consoles. Birdsall is NOT cheap, but their workmanship is outstanding.

http://www.birdsallmarine.com/page26.html

Good Luck,

Prop Blast
    Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Actually looking for an original Mako model if possible. I am quite certain that there are no new ones available at this point. The one in the boat now is not very tall at all. I understand that later on in the 70's the consoles were taller and had additional storage for electronics, that is what I am interested in.

Thanks
      Hugs Tug [br]2007 SteigerCraft 23\' Miami W/ 225 Suzuki[br]Former 1973, 23 Mako C/C with I/O[br]Mattituck[br]Long Island N.Y.

Comment

Tom,

You're going to have problems finding an actual "Mako" console. I suspect they're out there, but get grabbed up instantly. If you're going to find one anywhere, it'll be here in Florida.

Suggest you call Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft. Pierce, FL. The phone number is: (772) 465-6460. M/C is an extremely large marine warehouse on Florida's east coast that bought a lot of Mako's parts when they changed the line. It's not necessarily cataloged, but if you call them, you might get lucky. For the most part though, you have to visit them and search & find.

Prop Blast
        Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Hugs Tug

Actually looking for an original Mako model if possible. I am quite certain that there are no new ones available at this point. The one in the boat now is not very tall at all. I understand that later on in the 70's the consoles were taller and had additional storage for electronics, that is what I am interested in.

Thanks

I've got a console and T-Top for a '77 250 I'm looking to replace. The T-Top has 2 broken welds, bit is in good shape. The console is as normal. I have to replace my floor in the front and I'm doing some modifications to the fuel tank arrangment, so the Console I have will be too big. It's a long way to go from NY to MS, but if your interested we can work out something I'm sure.
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Artie,

Thanks for the response. What you have does in deed sound interesting. Can you send photos of the console including measurements and the T-Top? I would preferably a direct bolt down so that any drilling would be at a minimum.

E'mail is [email protected]

Comment

Hi Hugs,

I will keep my eyes peeled for you. Are all the Mako consols the same size in the larger boats?

Comment

Gary

I really do not know. I do not like to assume, but as far as I know from 20 to 25 foot all have an 8 foot beam. This is what I am going with.

Tom

Comment

Gary

I really do not know. I do not like to assume, but as far as I know from 20 to 25 foot all have an 8 foot beam. This is what I am going with.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X