Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 15 Pix's

Bobby,

Where did you find that little cream puff. Reminds me of my first Robalo 180.

Now that is a project I could tackle. You guys take on huge projects and make it look like nothing with xcellent results.

Thanks for the pictures.
    Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

They were sent to me by Jim. [sorry I don't have his full last name]

he asked me to post them. i agree that will be a neat little boat. Most people have never seen one, me included.

Comment

wow - that's different for a Mako! Quite ahead of it's time - looks like you steer with a joystick on the console. he-he
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I think it's lean-to-steer, sorta like a skateboard.

Sadly, that rodholder on the transom gets more use than all of mine do. There are few things more frustrating than working at a marina and rarely getting to use a boat. Hmph. []
          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

To all,

I sent these pictures because of a request by a couple of people. I am in the middle of repowering and, as you have noticed, redoing the steering. I have used this boat to go to the barrier islands off the Mississippi Gulf coast and for diving off the Keys. The original Mercury 50 finally wore out and I am planing to replace with a Yamaha 60 4 stroke. I will send pictures again when I am finished. The serial number for this boat is 1518. Does this mean that this was the 18th boat made?
            Mako15[br]Crystal Springs, MS[br]

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. That is a really unique Mako. How does it ride?

Cliff
              Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

SeaReel,

I just got back from vacation and saw your question.

As you can imagine, this is not a good off-shore boat although I have been 10 to 15 miles out before. You have to keep a good weather eye. I don't try to go too far if the waves are greater than 3 ft. It gets kind of wet!

In calmer water the boat is great. It's like riding in a personal water craft on steroids. The boat is a heavy built boat and rides better than most tri-hulls.

Comment

Here are a few pictures of a 15 that has evidently been restored that I found on the internet yesterday.

Cliff

Comment

The Beige or Moon Dust floor panels look good on that boat.[]

Comment

I like the color of the floor too. I also think the way he taped it off really looks sharp.

Cliff

Comment

It's not too often you see a 15' tri-hull with outriggers and rods w/ gold reels sticking in the holders! []

Pretty cool!
                        Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

SeaReel,

Where did you find this restored 15 on the internet? I would like to ask the owner what is under the floor hatch in front and what size motor he has.

Comment

Jim,

Those pictures came from a website of a mako owners tournment from 2001 held in Palm Beach Florida.

The website is: http://www.mako-boats.com/funaments/...2001_palmb.htm

I have no idea who owns that boat. I wonder if you could contact Florida dept of transportation or fish and game (whoever handles boat registration) and get contact info using his registration numbers?

Sorry I could not be of anymore help. Looks like that guy might have been sailfishing in that boat with those gold reels on there.

Cliff

Comment

I had one of these in the early 80's with a great bench seat. It was tough for a 15 footer, and rode great with 70hp OMC Johnson, like a mod V rather than a tri hull. I'll post pics as soon I as can scan them. As far as the hatch, might be a new gas tank, since this hull did not have an integral gas tank from the factory. You had to use the portable type.
                              Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X