Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Mako 211 and 201

Opinion Time!

What do ya'll think of the 1994 Mako 211 and 201. I need your feedback on these models please.

I don't know anything about the 211, but I've got the 94' 204,

and I like it.

I've only had it for 6 months, and can report that the ride is

very good. So is the construction.

I've been running it in Delaware Bay, and have pushed through

some 3' + wind against tide chop enough now to vouch for the

boat's performance.

You need a least 150hp as an absolute minimum - too bad the max for the 204 is 200hp because I'd like to push it with a 225.

Comment

Hi-

I had a 1991 Mako 201 and while it was well constructed the ride was too wet for my liking. It is more of a in-shore bay boat.

You need to do your homework on the 201's because Mako kept changing the hull design over the years. I guess in the 1980's it had a fairly shallow v and then in the early 90's, it had a modified V with 19 degrees of deadrise and than after that I think they went back to a shallower v.

Comment

Photos of new to me 1986 Mako 224.

Picked the boat up for a very good price. Owner included Penn Downriggers, outriggers, all original cushions, set of spare props, life jackets, anchors - basically complete. Sat in dry storage for several years in Miami. Never painted very good condition for age. Had engines gone over really well spent some good dollars here and run like new. Next is to work on teak wood and trim tab motor that will not run.
        1986 Mako 224 twin 1986 Yamaha 115\'s - repowered with 2005 200 Yamaha HPDI[br]

Comment

Interesting feedback on the 201 regarding being a wet ride -

I'm impressed by how dry it rides, and the deeper V than I've seen on some others.

Comment

Interesting feedback on the 201 regarding being a wet ride -

I'm impressed by how dry it rides, and the deeper V than I've seen on some others.

Comment

Working...
            X