• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa boat pics

Hi all,

Merry Christmas. Thought you might like to see some pics of last weekend

He's got Freaking Light's on them antlers.[88][88]

He look's as if to say "Oh me, how long do I have to put up with this shit". HeHe

Comment

Gary

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Love the antlers and more the Teak deck.

Did you do the deck job?
      Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Gary

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Love the antlers and more the Teak deck.

Did you do the deck job?
        Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Hi Vic,

Yep I did the deck. Its not teak though, Its Ipa. I bought it in 5 1/4 decking and ripped and planed it in my shop and cut about 400 bungs. Very time cunsuming but worth it.

Comment

Isnt Ipe the stuff they also use on floating docks? We had sales rep from a major dock company come see us and he told us it had to be cut with diamond blades and bits b/c it's so hard... and it's so dense that it will sink.
            \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Nice job Gary ... I have been researching doing the same thing for my deck with the IPE. IPE Depot http://www.ipedepot.com/home.htm (thanks Matthew) has the complete dimensioned lumber and will also do custom sizing. West Systems (thanks again Matthew) has an excellant story on how to apply teak to a deck http://www.westsystem.com/ewmag/20/Teak_deck.htm and specifies 3/8" x 1 3/4" planks which the IPE Depot sells it for ~$1.20 a foot. The IPE people say that you can cut it with regular carbide tipped blades.
              72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Hi Guys,

Your right, its very hard but cutting isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I can tell you how to do this and have a maintanance free deck.

Comment

Hey Gary,

Nice to see the angler back in the water. She looks great. Any updates on the standard you were working on?

Merry Christmas !!!

SB
                  Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Hi Salty,

Ive done a little work to the standard. Ive split the hull and cap, removed the stringers and the transom but thats about it. I sent the motor out to be tweeked last week. Im using the same consol as my angler. Ill probably have it ready next october.

Comment

Gary

Thanks for the return. That's a great job of decking. How often do you have to clean and seal the deck.

I did a somewhat smaller deck job in the bow of my 261 in order to mount a fighting chair for giant tuna (when we were able fo fish for them here). Mine was done in 3/8" teak also plugged with teal bungs.

I've often wondered about doing the entire deck and the problems I'd run into with the various deck hatches. At this point in time I'm past the urge.

Comment

Viccapt Go back to PhotoBucket and copy and paste the 3rd line under that pix ans it will work.

Comment

Wart

Gone back to Photobucket 3 times -- still can't the photo (s) to appear. I highlight the third line / copy/ then paste in the post and get the text only.

This old brain is beginning to atrophy. All suggestions gladly accepted.

Comment

Wart

Finally got it -- can't figure out what I did this time as opposed to last but at least its on the post now.

Thanks,

Vic

Comment

Vic,

You never have to re-seal it. I set it in West System and used black grafite in the joints. Im doing the same thing on my standard but im putting the Mako logo in the deck.

Comment

Working...
                              X