What Do I Own?__221, 22B, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Own?__221, 22B, etc.

Just bought a Mako 22. I am new a new Mako owner, but have owned other boats in the past. How do I figure out what I have and the specs on it? Where is the HIN, I don't see it on the transom? The title shows - MAK580100773 and it does say Mako22 on the side. Any thoughts?
    1973 22\' 200 Merc [br]Cape Cod, MA

The pro's will chime in soon.. but i believe in 73 they were 22b

Chris
    1973 20\' Mako http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21074[br]www.facebook.com/somersettackle[br]Old Lyme, CT

Comment

Thanks BlueChip, look forward to seeing what I can do with the new boat.
      1973 22\' 200 Merc [br]Cape Cod, MA

Comment

Bluechip,

You can tell the different model by the hull. The 22b was a stepped hull (kind of like a seacraft) with a shallow deadrise. The 221 is a deep v hull with lifting strakes.

The HIN does show a 1973 model year and she rolled out of the factory in July....
        Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

check the mako history Q&A thread at the top of this page. The last couple pages should awnser your question.......[8D]
          John Host[br]Mako 23 \"Jolly Mon\"(sold)[br]Currently treading water[br][br]

Comment

Working...
          X