1980 228 mako fuel tank diamentions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 228 mako fuel tank diamentions

does any body have the diamentions for a 1980 or other 228 fuel tank 122 gallons I dont want to pull it out until new one is ordered and if any body knows of a good tank guy in long island.

thanks for your help

There are two good Fuel Tank Fabricators on Verdi Street in Farmingdale. Alloy Metal Works (631 694 8163) and Ram Welding (631 420 9594). I had tanks fabricated by Alloy and members of the club I keep my boat in have used Ram. If you can get your hands on a copy of LI Boating World, both have ads in there.

Both have worked off of the old tanks as models. I am not sure if they file dimensions/drawings as they both do a lot of fabricating. Build time should not be that long, probably as long as it will take to clean out the hull, run new fuel lines and, prep for the new tank. With the way things have been this year, they may be able to knock you out quickly.
    Bill[br]Farmingdale, NY[br]\'74 Mako 26 Inboard[br]\'78 Mako 20 w/135 Merc[br]\'84 Achilles SR135[br]

Comment

I talked to Raybo yesterday and he suggested Ram to me. I need one for my 92 210. Maybe we can do a group buy? LOL
      Scott D Robertson[br]Riverhead NY[br]1992 Mako 210 Cuddy[br]

Comment

Working...
      X