Got a Mako Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Mako Today

Just bought a 1971 17 footer with a 115 Johnson. I am sure that I will be asking many questions soon.Do not know if it is an angler or standard.
    1971 17 Standard[br]Clemson SC

That's GREAT RD. Welcome Aboard. Please put your hometown/state in your siginature.[]

Comment

No problem. I live in Clemson SC and do most of my boating on Lake Hartwell. Had reservations about buying a boat that old. I put a transom in a 14' Mckee a couple of winters ago and redid the floor in

my current 15' runabout last winter and really don't want to do it again this winter. This hull seems solid, hopefully there will be no suprises. I really like the boat, got decent deal. So know I am a Mako owner. Let the adventure begin.

Thanks Rd

Comment

RD When you add hometown/state in your siginature it will show on each of your posts. This helps us help you.

Comment

RD,

I'm right down the road from you and spend a decent amount of time at Hartwell in my 171. It does a great job of handling the slop that all the rednecks put out in their Formulas, Fountain, etc.
          SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

This is great! We're getting 17' owners by the dozens now! Welcome aboard. [][]
            \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

SCMako17

Glad to know someone on the forum is local. I am in Greenville on a regular basis. I'm located about two miles north of the hwy 123 bridge in Clemson on the Seneca River arm. Were not on the lake, but have a private boat ramp in the subdivision about an 1/8 mile from the house.Maybe we can get together when the weather warms up.The go fast boys do get the water sloppy on the weekends, but its always fun.

MubikS

I was looking at your boat in the projects. You have done a great job, a very good looking boat. You should be proud[].

Later RD

Comment

RD,

I'm a Carolina Alum so my boat has a hard time going in that general direction[]

Weather wise, this is a crazy place we live. Near 70 one day last week and 40 today. That's why I never winterize my boat. You just never know when you might get a 70 degree day in the winter. If I head in that direction, I'll let you know.
                SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Welcome and Merry Christmas.

Gary, 72, 17 Angler

Comment

Just noticed that you didn't know if it was an angler or a standard... it took me a while to figure out the difference. The angler has a full platform across the aft fishboxes, while the standard has only the two fishboxes on either side (My project boat is listed as an angler, but is actually a standard).
                    \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Thanks MubikS on the info standard vs angler. After the holidays I am sure to be asking many more questions. What kind of boat cover fits that 17' hull good? Need to buy one soon and welcome any recomendations.It is killing me to have a newly acquired boat in the driveway and no time to work on it.

SCMako17 shoot me an email if your coming this way and maybe we can hook up. By the way I am not a Clemson fan, so don't worry.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Just learned how to post pictures from warthog5 post. Here is one of the boat. Hope everyone has a happy new year.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Great bunch of guys with a lot of helpful info.

If you run across another 17' er up there, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Been looking for 1 for years, but never found one to my liking.

Happy New Year !!
                          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Looks good in another week or two of doing it, it will be old hat to you.[]

Here's another tip if your going to post multiple pix's.

Post one then hit the enter key twice between each pix you post.

It gives them a little sepration and doesn't run all together.

I just checked the properties on your pix. it's 800X600. see how you have to shift the page to the side to see the whole pix?

Posting a pix that is 64X480 you will not have to do that, plus it takes up less server space and loads faster for the poor soles still on dial up. You can make that change right on PhotoBucket.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=1626

Click "edit" on the pix and then check the 50% box.

Oyster saw mine run last night and he said " Man you got it hopped up don't you?" No it's just the cable modem. I'm running an AMD 2200 and 512memory. I am fixing to add a 3rd hard drive.[]

Comment

Rd,

Great looking rig, really clean looking. Can you post a picture of the aft end. I am fixing to mount a swim platform and getting ideas of height and location.

Welcome to this forum. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge here just ask.

Thanks,
                              Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Working...
                              X