Quik-Fair Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik-Fair Question

The instructions say 'Prior to painting sanded quik-fair a coat of mixed epoxy resin should be applied' or something like that. My question is: if I cover the sanded out quik-fair with FGCI 2:1 epoxy how do you prevent those tiny little crators from forming in the epoxy from the air bubbles bursting? Can the epoxy be thinned out with lacquer thinner or something else to prevent that? Is awl-grip or similar paints forgiving enough to cover and fill in those crators? What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Spring Hill, Fla.

I don't recoat over Quik Fair with stright epoxy. I just prime it with Awlgrip's 545.

Comment

Thanks Warthog!
      Spring Hill, Fla.

Comment

Seadog I have aunt,uncle and Grandmother that live in Spring Hill.[]

Comment

Warthog - Small world, huh? Spring Hill is a huge retirement community - 80% of my client base are retirees. Do your relatives happen to own any dogs, cats, rabbits, birds or the like?
          Spring Hill, Fla.

Comment

No, My cousion may, but I don't stay in toch with her much.

Comment

A shot in the dark. I talked to a guy I graduated from high school with recently - found him online somehow - and it turns out his sister and brother-in-law have been clients of mine for 15 years, just never made the connection.

I heard back from System 3 and James Towm distributors today about quik-fair. Your advise was, as always, right on target.

Thanks again!
              Spring Hill, Fla.

Comment

QUOTE: I heard back from System 3 and James Towm distributors today about quik-fair.

Don't buy it from Jamestown Dist. Buy it from Hamiliton Marine.

http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/CatIndex3.html

Look under Fiberglass Accessories Page 254. It's cheaper.[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Seadog I have aunt,uncle and Grandmother that live in Spring Hill.[]

Comment

Working...
                  X