Testing-- A Mako at Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing-- A Mako at Auction

It worked. Took me a little bit. I'm trying a new pix hosting deal.

It's top secret until every thing get's worked out.[:x)][:x)][:x)]

this boat will be sold in Pensacola at auction tommorow. It's a '91. It was in the top of a dry stack that came down in Ivan. It has a pair of 150 Merc's. what you see is the only glass damage on the boat.

Comment

Hehehe! Top Secret![] Hopefully it all works out okay. Keep us posted.
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I'll let Cyclops aka Pat Ring give the details.[;^)][(#)][]

Comment

I am not sure if you know or not. But did it fall from the top stack? How did it come down?

Cliff
          Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Well what do you mean fall?[] No it didn't fall out of the rack. the whole building colasped. It was in the top rack, so not much was there to fall on top of this boat. that's what I was told by a guy that said he use to work there.

Comment

I was looking at the properties of your photos and noticed that they are hosted by classicmako.com.

Are we gonna be able to upload photos directly to the site sometime soon???????

Comment

[][] I'll let Cyclops aka Pat Ring give the details.[][][]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mako224

I was looking at the properties of your photos and noticed that they are hosted by classicmako.com.

Are we gonna be able to upload photos directly to the site sometime soon???????

We (Pat and I) are working on the set-up, space, and pricing. Warthog is our experimental lab rat[][][].

Comment

Bobby,

If you find out what the boat sells for, please let us know.

Larry Smith

Pasadena, TX

'97 Mako 191
                    Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

I'm not planning on going to the auction. I spent the day lighting a fire under my brothers ass to weld on my fuel tank. We have some more to do tommorow and it will be pretty well complete. I'll have to get some fittings together to preasure test it this next week.

It's all Stainless and has a capisity of 90gal. The stock tank was 70gal.[]

Comment

[quote I spent the day lighting a fire under my brothers ass to weld on my fuel tank. [/quote]

[][][]

strick
                        Oakley, California

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to know what it went for too... so I can sit here and kick myself in the ass for not being able to make good on a great oppertunity... Oh well,I want a 261 anyways.

Comment

Yep, Got one end welded in today. He has had most of it done for a couple of years.[] he had another panel sheered for the other end. It was about 1/8in short. We are going to sheer another piece and he has some machining to do on another bung.

It will have a fuel sending unit flange and 2 fuel pickup flanges. All of those flanges will have the standard 5 hole setup that is used for a sending unit. That way if I need to pull one I can use the standard gasket. You have to understand that EVERYTHING is stainless.[] Much harder to machine. The CAD Bridgeport vertical end mill will do it happily.[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RingLeader

Yeah, I'd like to know what it went for too... so I can sit here and kick myself in the ass for not being able to make good on a great oppertunity... Oh well,I want a 261 anyways.

I'd be interested to know what it went for...as well as my dad's Grand Banks which was sold at the same auction in Pensacola.
                              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                              1985 Mako 20c - sold
                              Fort Walton Beach, FL
                              http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
                              X