Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog

Bobby,

Have you launched your boat yet? I want to compare performance numbers.

I also have a pair of 14x18 ss Suzuki props I might sell.

Sam
    Apex NC [br]

No Ivan the terrible has slowed me down. I also have a 14X18 stainless prop and a 14X18 stainless CR prop. I'm gonn'a try them, but I bet I'll need a change.

Comment

Are those Suzuki props 14 1/4 x 18 or 14 x 18? Is it the original Suzuki product or aftermarket? I need one 14 1/4 x 18 Suzuki prop for my 1998 Suzuki 225.

Ed

Comment

Ed,

They are Suzuki 14x18 and I think they will only work with the four strokes.

I think they only have a 13 spline hub vs 15 for the bigger 2 strokes.

The 14.25 is the same as some OMC props I think.

Sam
        Apex NC [br]

Comment

Bobby,

I've said this before....Suzi wheels are WEIRD as far as pitch. Way overstated IMO based on what two friends have gone through trying to prop their rigs.

If I remember correctly, they overstate by a bunch. I bet an 18 is comparable to any other make in a 15" pitch....seems to me you'll be way underpropped.

I'm just throwing this out there before you get them wet and are stuck with them. Did you get any help from a dealer in determining pitch??
          1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

makorider That goes a long the lin's of what Dunk say's too. I belive he said about 2in under so by his statment that would be 16in of pitch and you say 15in of pitch. Pretty close.[]

The props I have came with the motors that I bought from SIM [Ship island Marine] These motors were on a 26 GB.

Comment

The Suzuki's have a 2:31 gear ratio, Yamaha,Merc OMC all have ratios that are much higher. The 18's on my boat according to all the prop caculators I used were right

on the money as far as pitch goes.

Bobby,

I bet 22's will be perfect for your boat also.
              Apex NC [br]

Comment

Working...
              X