Rubber Stoppers for Bracket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Stoppers for Bracket???

I have a '92 261-B. I have lost one of the (plug), stoppers that fill the holes where you access bracket bolts. Does anyone know where I could find these? The folks at mako I encountered, so far, have not been helpfull? I was glad to find this forum!!

thanks in advance, Tireless, Cape Lookout NC

P.S. Thanks to: Eddie Ring for assisting me to enter the forurm!

Tireless - I also have a 92 261-B. When I bought it two of the plugs were missing. I cut approx. 3" square pieces of 1/4" starboard material and drilled 1/4" holes in each corner. Then I drilled and tapped the bracket and mounted the covers with 1/4 dia SS bolts about 1/2" long. Worked out great!!
    1992 261B[br]Beaufort SC

Comment

I have no idea how big the holes are. Just a suggestion to check out the rubber freeze plugs that they sell at the auto parts store. It has a big flat washer on it and a nut. Stick the plug in the hole and tighten the nut and it will expand. They make them in a lot of diffrent sizes.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to stumble on to the real mckoy(s). It's an original condition (thing). There is hundreds of them somewhere I'll bet!!! For now it has been (white) duct tape[:x)].

thanks, tireless- cp. lk. out NC

Comment

Just wondering Tireless - do you know where your rig came from originally. I bought my boat from a guy in Myrtle Beach and at the time there were at least 4 other rigs just like it in the area - 3 of which were used for charter. The dealer for those boats was Tailwalker Marine in Georgetown,SC. They are now big Contender Dealers. Just wondered?
          1992 261B[br]Beaufort SC

Comment

Reelgator-- I purchased my boat from the original owner in Boca Raton Fl. The Boat was sold by 'The Boat Center', Ft. Lauderdale. I have really enjoyed the boat..

Tireless

Comment

Thanks - good luck on finding the plugs.
              1992 261B[br]Beaufort SC

Comment

Working...
              X