Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Use a MAC?

Warthog

I printed out your post of 01/01/04 "How to Post Pix On A Forum. Followed the steps best I could, however, in following the instructions some of the boxes do not have the same wording you quote in the instructions. Just can't get the pix to post. I believe that the difference is inherent in the MAC OS as opposed to Windows OS. As an example #3 [view image] is not in the drop down menu nor is #5 [properties].

I use a G4 MAC for doing my pubishing layouts using QuarkXPress, Photoshop and Illustrator. I also post our entire paper on our website after saving each page as a PDF converting it to JPEG, so I believe I'm computer literate. But evidently not enough to solve this problem!

If you or any one else can give me a clue it will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Capt. Vic
    Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

MAC? Isn't that some old loran type thingey? [8D]
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

HeHe Your bad Sailor. Capt. Vic I don't know jack about a Mac. Never even turned one on.

Comment

I use a MERC regularly. Is that close enough? []

You need to talk to Megabyte. He uses one of "those things". I've forwarded him the link to this thread. []
        Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Not a problem Capt Vic. In fact, if you direct me to Bobbys instructions, I'll modify them for anyone else using a Mac.

If you'd rather do this off the forum, drop me an email at: [email protected] and I'll hook you up. It might be easier to do it that way.

Let me know what version of the OS you're using (OS9 or OS X) because its a bit different for each. I'm using the latest version of OS X on all of my machines, if it helps.

Here is an example...

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Here it is Kevin. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=1626

Comment

SAILOR -- No if you were around in the '60s & '70s that LORAN thingy was known as LORAN A and was it a bear to get a FIX with it, either with in a mile or maybe some place in the Pacific or Indian oceans. And that's no HE HE!

GW204 -- HE HE! That Merc won't get it done in this case.

WARTHOG5 -- Thanks for the use of the HE HE! You did a great job on the original thread and the latest post on the use of Photobucket.. Some how my fat fingers or fat head can't get it done. I figured it had to be the MAC. I have a couple of PCs but I'm on the MAC 95% of the time so all of my Classic Mako and all my imaging is done on the MAC. It would be a pain to have to move all the photo downloads to the PC. I hope MEGABYTE can solve my problem.

MEGABYTE -- Sure could use the help -- I'm on a G4 OS 9.22 / images on Photobucket previously processed on Photoshop for size (640X480). Bobby's recent post "Posting pix with Photobucket.com" is a couple spaces above this one. i also recently posted "Happy Holidays" above using Photobucket. I got the text but no image. Bobby's original post was 01/01/04 on this forum. (See his post above)

Just a quick review of my process:

1) Open Photobucket

2) Locate image

3) Highlight 3rd box down. Type Cmd C (copy)

4) Begin a new post on this site- do the text - click on the place image box (4th from the right) then place the cursor [ ]between[ ] then type Cmd V (paste)

5) post new topic.

NO image but the text shows.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks to ALL,

Vic
              Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Hey Guys

Just went back to my Happy Holidays post and the image was there. HO HO HE HE it worked!

Thanks for the help

Capt Vic

Comment

Glad to hear that it worked Capt Vic!

I don't use 'Classic' (OS9) anymore, so I was going to wait until I got home to give it a try. OS X will allow you run OS9 as a Unix process.

Bobby, When I get home, I'll take your instructions and modify them for users running both Mac OS9 and OS X, then I'll repost.

Stand by...
                  Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

All You Mako & ParkerOwners

THANKS,

THANKS,

THANKS,

CAPT VIC

Comment

Megabyte If you will send those instructions to Ringleader he can put them in a "Sticky" under that thread.

Comment

If you have ever owned, used, or know anyone who has, this is utterly hilarious. Caution: anything injested during this video may come flying out of your nose. [88]

http://www.ancientspear.com/mac.wmv
                        \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Thats so friggin funny. Brother Cyclops is gonna get a good laugh out of that, but he lives for MAC's. Hes got a whole friggin room full of them at his house and none of the friggin things ever work! They are good for doing graphics work... if you know what you are doing...[:x)]
                          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

HEY LEADER

They're also good for many other things -- even easier to use tha a PC. Grew up on a PC and gave MACs the HE HE until I used one. Been doing that for about 10 years and now you can't tear me away.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RingLeader

Thats so friggin funny. Brother Cyclops is gonna get a good laugh out of that, but he lives for MAC's. Hes got a whole friggin room full of them at his house and none of the friggin things ever work! They are good for doing graphics work... if you know what you are doing...[:x)]

[:0]HEY!!! THOSE OLD MACS WORK!!!![B)] It's just my workhorse Mac does it all... I have refurbed a couple of the old ones (since I had to rebuild the workhorse after a direct lightning hit)...FRANKENMACS!![8D]

Anyway, anyone who does need help with Mac formatted stuff etc., just let me know. I can handle anything from OS 7.X to 10.3.X.

-Pat.
                              18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Working...
                              X