Mako tri-hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako tri-hull

Here is a rare Mako. It is what I think is the 15 foot Mako tri-hull built for two years (1974 - 1975). However, the pics don't show Mako on them anywhere but I suspect it is the 15. I don't think it was very popular.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Cliff
    Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

I think it is a winner boat that was maybe called the Mako series. Not totally for sure though.
    Slidell, La

Comment

There definitely was a Mako 15' trihull. Whether that is one or not, I have no idea.
      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

the only 15' mako i ever saw was a center console.

looked nothing like that thing.
        \'79 20\'[br]savannah

Comment

That's not the Mako 15. There is a guy down on teh Cape that had a 15' Mako center console....and at one time emailed me pictures that I have since lost. It was a tri-hull too.....very, very rare boat.

Ed

Comment

A friend of mine has a mako 15 and had it completely restored with I believe a yamaha 50 on it.
            Slidell, La

Comment

So, I think Spec was right from the beginning and that the boat was a model of a Winner, whatever that is.

The Mako 15 was center console tri-hull? That sounds a lot like a Whaler. I guess Whaler had the corner on that market and they stopped building them.

Thanks for all the insight.

Cliff

Comment

I also have a Mako 15. I have been rewiring and adding equip (GPS, FF, VHF radio). I plan to add a Yamaha 60 4 stroke. I will be sharing pictures when I finish.

I have looked in the archives for any discussion concerning Mako 15 and this is the first I have seen. They must be rare.

PS. As stated before, the boat in the picture is not a standard Mako 15.
                Mako15[br]Crystal Springs, MS[br]

Comment

That is pretty sweet. I would love to see pics of those things. How does it ride?

Cliff

Comment

It is a good riding boat. A little wet in heavy chop. Driving the boat gives you the feeing of a personal watercraft because there is not very much "nose" to look over. The Mako 15 is built a lot heavier than the Whaler 15.
                    Mako15[br]Crystal Springs, MS[br]

Comment

Working...
                    X