Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sorry Sailor I should know better... story of my life lol.

Here is the original link to the boat the first time it was found at a boat yard in south Jersey...

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...Terms=First,40

I noticed a member was selling what he said was a first 40 so I inquired about it early last month and it turned out to be the same boat that was in that link from 2013. He had purchased it from someone who apparently had purchased it from that boat yard. Lots of plans for this boat apparently never went though. I plan to change that. Ill post some pics of it and how it sits today after I get home.
    1990 - 261 [br]1968 -19 (First 40)[br][email protected]

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by dbrook2604

Im sorry Sailor I should know better... story of my life lol.

Here is the original link to the boat the first time it was found at a boat yard in south Jersey...

I noticed a member was selling what he said was a first 40 so I inquired about it early last month and it turned out to be the same boat that was in that link from 2013. He had purchased it from someone who apparently had purchased it from that boat yard. Lots of plans for this boat apparently never went though. I plan to change that. Ill post some pics of it and how it sits today after I get home.

Dallas...I remember this boat from a few years back.

Here is an image of the name plate when I saw the boat some years ago.

If you look closely...you can see M19 263 under the paint. The plate was mounted on the inside of the transom...starboard side.

[img]

[/img]

This may help connect the dots on the history of this ole 19

Eric
      A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19
      https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...t-squot-ole-19

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by PoleLock

quote:

Originally posted by dbrook2604

Im sorry Sailor I should know better... story of my life lol.

Dallas...I remember this boat from a few years back.

Here is an image of the name plate when I saw the boat some years ago.

If you look closely...you can see M19 263 under the paint. The plate was mounted on the inside of the transom...starboard side.

[img]

[/img]

This may help connect the dots on the history of this ole 19

Eric

First off thank you Eric for taking the time to take all those pics and posting them to the site... amazingly after all these years, most all of the teak seems to be there so I have an idea of what to replace if need be. Im working with Eddie on getting a couple of replacement emblem/placards to replicate the original ones that came off of this as it is slightly different than the current design. Id give anything to have a copy of the layout and original design as it came from the factory so that I can bring it back as close as it was the first day someone brought it home. I realize the M19 stands for Mako 19 , just curious as to what the 263 part means. Just a small part of nostalgia that is going to eat away at me until I figure it out. The original placard seems to be made of a stamped plastic or something, def not metal as it is extremely brittle. I intend on keeping the original and having a duplicate fabricated somewhere.
        1990 - 261 [br]1968 -19 (First 40)[br][email protected]

Comment

• Triple Bogey:

I am brand new to Classic Mako. I joined today after spending the last two evenings reading the first 8 pages of this thread and jumping to page 43 to see if you were still providing valuable information to Mako owners. I hope you can answer my question: I purchased a 1976 23 Mako center console in July 2018 and started a full restoration. The North Carolina title lists the HIN# as "MAK104430276", the hull number is not legible on the boat so I can't verify. Also, the boat has a 20" transom and the 1976 had a 25". Could this be a left over boat from 1975 that was given a production year of 1976 or did whoever got the HIN number just not read it correctly when they got the title work done? Thanks for all the info you have provided.

Comment

• What sold me on Mako was a 224 that Mako Donated to the old FCA?( I think,my memory is old like me. ) A good friend Marty Friedman bought it and I became a member of his Crew. Fished most of the tournaments from the Masters in Palm Beach to Boog Powells on Stock island in the Keys. Those were fun events that really showcased Makos and made The Mako Family. It's good to see the old classics rising from the "dust" and becoming so desirable to own. I'd put my 79 21 up against any of the new 21's for quality and performance.

Comment

• Looking for 2nd location for HIN number on 1976 Mako 20 cc.....have looked at both rub rails aft and up front in the bow compartment with no luck.The tag is on the transom but missing 1st three letters .Reg. the boat is becoming a nightmare. Would sure be grateful for any help running down the HIN. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler1989# View Post
                Looking for 2nd location for HIN number on 1976 Mako 20 cc.....have looked at both rub rails aft and up front in the bow compartment with no luck.The tag is on the transom but missing 1st three letters .Reg. the boat is becoming a nightmare. Would sure be grateful for any help running down the HIN. thanks
                Start a new thread guy. This isn't the place for that question and nobody's going to see it.

FWIW, In my 171, I have HIN in my anchor locker. It's up high on the port side. Not easy to see. And one on the transom. Check again up inside the bow compartment(s). It may not be as simple as peeking inside with a flashlight. I had to get inside my bow compartment in my 171. Allll the way inside.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_101110.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	544703
                  Attached Files
                  David Kapoi

Comment

• douglab2
                    douglab2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am pretty sure that they made those holes so that they could pour the foam.

• Can someone explain the reason for thes two 2" holes drilled in the bottom if the fuel tank area?
                  David Kapoi

Comment

• Originally posted by Kawika56 View Post
                    Can someone explain the reason for thes two 2" holes drilled in the bottom if the fuel tank area?
                    Again...other guy...not the place for that post. Start a new thread. Otherwise nobody will see it.

Comment

• Kawika56
                      Kawika56 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, I'll start it soon

• Good Day Everyone, I have a 1986 Mako 17 in process of rebuilding. I just joined Mako classic forum this is an awsome site, would any of you be able to tell me the capacity of people and the rest of the information that should be on the placard? Mine is faded badly, Thank you very much, Ron

Comment

• fandarr
                      fandarr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey airreno welcome to CM. Not many people are going to see your question here. If you start a new thread under the discussion tab many more people will see it and one of the other 17 owners will certainly chime in to help you.

• Ok thank you very much!

Comment

• I just bought a 1982 25' center console with twin 200 yamaha 2 strokes. I've seen plenty of these boats with twin 200's but the badge in the boat says max HP rating is 300 and now insurance company doesn't want to insure it. Does anyone know if in fact these boats were sold with twin 200's? I quess i better look for some 150 engine covers.

Thanks,

Cass

Comment

• Hello all,

Please help me find out what Mako model this is. My father in law gifted it to me and I need to register it. Dont have HIN, or at least one I could find. All it says is Mako 19 on the side, and the title says 1969. Did these have a HIN at all? Thank you all in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mako 1.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	547617Click image for larger version

Name:	Mako 2.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	547618
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I am looking at a 95 mako 282 cc with twin Merc 350. Owner said the transom was rebuilt and a metal plate put in. Just wondering if it is still to heavy for the boat.

Comment

Working...
                          X