Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure why but I never have luck with the search feature here.

Seems to me, there was a thread for getting replacement USCG capacity plates but now I can't find it. I have the one for the new mako emblems, in fact I had boathelpguy mako me a new set but now I'd like to replace my worn out USCG plate. Little help?
    94 Mako 161flats [br]Charlotte Harbor, SWFL

Comment

• Mako1994

good luck with the search and let us know when you find her

Messing About

I don't know if they still have them but I would give the coast guard a shot

Brett

Comment

• Brett, what did you do to the 261 hull to make the 250? Looking at specs it appears to be 8" shorter? Do you recall what mods were made? Happy new year!

Comment

• Day Trip

We actually added to the 241 hull which was shrunk from the 261. That was such a great hull we were scared to do anything to screw it up. If I remember we did sharpen the transom edge when we made the 241 and then had to add a bit of radius back to it for the 250 but it was so subtle not many would ever see that.

Brett

Comment

• Thanks Brett, finishing a 17 up currently and have a 258 waiting to go under the knife. Hope you are seeing a pickup in the construction market. Happy new year! Jim

Comment

• Photo of the Power-Pole shallow water anchor system installed on my 161 flats.

I chose the 8' Pro Series model. Works like a charm, push a button on the cc or a remote fob, to pin the boat down, silently, on the flats.

94 Mako 161flats [br]Charlotte Harbor, SWFL

Comment

• DAY_TRIP

We are still pretty slow but I have folded real estate sales into the mix so that I can get an early shot at what little we are getting. Good luck with the 258 but just to clarify that is not the 250 hull I was talking about. The 258 is the cuddy based on the 8' beam 254 hull. Either way is a no loose as both hulls are beasts

Messing About

I hadn't seen those by the time I left but a great idea, enjoy and Happy New Year

Brett

Comment

• Hey Brett, I am with a large commercial builder in west palm and it is similar here. Comes in spirts. I was actually thinking of doing the 250 in lieu of the 258. Also looked at a 285 yesterday! Need to decide before I take the scalpel to the 258.

Did the 285s only have two stringers in them? I could only see two from the bilge in the stern on this 89 I looked at.

Comment

• Brett, I have a 93 181 mako, I want to get into the gas tank to change the sending unit and replace fuel lines. How do I remove the gas tank deck on the bow? How do I pull those bungs? Thanks

Comment

• ndXiv

Not sure I know what the "bungs" are but best way to get to top of tank is remove the hatch on top. Cut the caulk with a sharpened putty knife and remove (sometimes its helpful to heat the blade)and then with the flat . If the screws are visible remove those and then with the flat side of putty knife slip under the hatch at the forward corners and start working it up. Seem to remember using plugs on that hatch as well to keep fly line from getting nicked, if those are still in place then drill those out slowly till the plug comes out exposing the screw head. Let me know how it goes

Brett

Comment

• Brett thanks yea the bungs I was referring to I suppose are the screw plugs, I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Brett,I have a 17 footer from the mid seventies that is missing the HIN plate on the transom. The fuel tank was manufactured in 1975 and the capacity plate on the console shows hull number 1901. I have not been able to find a secondary HIN plate or etching. Is there any way to use the hull number to determine the complete HIN? Did you guys include a secondary HIN in '75? If so, where should I be looking? I checked the anchor locker but didn't see it. I appreciate your help.
                          [br]1985 254

Comment

• Here's what I've got, 1901xxx75-M172. Is there any way to figure the x's out?
                            [br]1985 254

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by CJPerry

Here's what I've got, 11901xx75-M172. Is there any way to figure the x's out?

[br]1985 254

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Messing About

Photo of the Power-Pole shallow water anchor system installed on my 161 flats.

I chose the 8' Pro Series model. Works like a charm, push a button on the cc or a remote fob, to pin the boat down, silently, on the flats.

Nice. I thought about a power pole, but that pic confirms my concern that it would get in the way while poling the boat. I just use the 8' stick it pin from my kayak with a lanyard and it works just fine.
                                -Chris[br] Tampa FL[br] 1995 Mako 181[br] \"Flats Frenzy\"

Comment

Working...
                                X