Brand new Makos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Makos

We were in a hurry last nite and only got to make a mad dash through Outdoor World/Bass Pro Shop. I'd never been there before... [:u] (I'm still pissed at my buddy... it's like letting your dog lick a steak then taking it away!) I took a look at the 171CC on the showroom floor and was very surprised at how similar the layout/hull shape was to my early 70's 17. The only thing I didn't care for was the parker/grady white/grand banks/island packet beige color they had done the thing in. [xx(] It's terribly bland and seems to mimic more 'expensive' brands (even though $17K isnt cheap!) for the sake of acceptance. I didn't get to take a look at the other ones outside... so it begs the question, are they all in that lousy color?
    \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Mubik-

I'd have to see a 2005 model to be sure but I am wondering if Mako is going back to its original roots in regards to both design and hull coloring?? All of the Mako's from 1968 through about 1994/1995 had gelcoat that was offwhite with a hint of a desert sand color in it. From 1995-2004 Mako must have changed the gelcoat color at least 4 times...

-Ed-

Comment

That's just what it was... offwhite. The problem was, there was no color difference between the hull, topsides, deck, nonskid, console, etc. It all just sorta blended together. I don't know about you, but I need some sorta bootstripe or racing stripe or different deck color or something.

-Skibum
      \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Me too, like blue. By the way Mub, I took my boat out today and all went well.

Comment

Gary, good to hear. Have you tried the 4-blade yet? I'd be taking mine out more often but it's already dark at 5 when i get off work. So if I don't get in a boat ride on monday or tuesday (my "weekend"), i can't go at all. []

-Skibum

Comment

I realy like the 4 blade. Im still getting the same speed as the 3 blade before the change. Talk about throwin your ass back when you hammer it! It bites realy tight in corners too.

Comment

Nice, nice. Got a brand recommendation?

Here are some latest pics:

Finally picked me up a console handrail from marine fabricators... one of their leftovers. I was really pleased with the price he gave me on it.. $25!

Here's where I mounted the vhf antenna... I did this to A) not have to put more holes in the hull, and B) so it could fold down and be lashed at the rodholder and not be on deck.

Here you'll see why I asked previously about the CD player mounting config. The VHF is mounted vertically so I can see it when standing up... and I wanted to put a CD right next to it. I guess not.

Comment

pretty work..
                1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Nice job Mub. Im not sure what make the prop is, its a loner.

Comment

Working...
                  X