Monster Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Garage

Anyone catch tonight's episode? For the last year I had been telling myself that I should have sent in an audition for Monster Garage as someone with fiberglass experience.

Tonight they are making a race car out of a boat and they have some real easy fiberglass work to do. It could have been my time to shine... Not to mention get some of those bad assed Mac Tools!

Damnit!
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Ed,

I wish I had cable! That sounds fun! I think between the two of us we could definitely do either Monster Garage or Junk Yard Wars. I'll have to see if the episode is on the Discovery Channel website yet.

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Yup, caught it too. Did you see Jesse James running that boat before the cut it apart? That thing would flat out fly. I feel asleep before the car was done, they were just finishing the wheel cutouts when I nodded off. I was trying to figure out how to get that 500 and some horsepower chevy in my Mako!
      Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Yea I saw it too. They flipped a pickle fork race boat upside down and made a hot rod out of it. I wish the little boy could have lived long enough to go for a ride in it with Jessie.

Strick
        Oakley, California

Comment

I fell asleep too. What was the deal on the little boy?

Comment

How about that freaky blond dude with the boob job. Not that there's anything WRONG with that!

Comment

I was trying at first to figure out If it was a guy or an Ugly woman.

Comment

That wasn't a guy or a woman. I'm not to sure what IT was[}] Good show just the same. that boat did fly at 90 MPH with a 200 yard rooster tail. Car did great burnouts. Too bad they burnt up the tranny in the race at the end. Nice touch with the dedication for the kid.
                2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

I think the little fella was involved in the "Last Wish" program for terminally ill children. He was a huge fan of the show they say, and I guess he chose to visit the set of Monster Garage, but unfortunately didn't make it... Very sad indeed. Hes in a better place now, free to build whatever kind of monster machine he desires.

Comment

yeah I couldn't get a good read on the "It" person. The name was probably Pat or Chris or something like that too. Deffinitely a freak.

They re-gelcoated the boat at the end, but I wish I know what they used in the gelcoat to make it spray out nice. Probably Duratec Hi-Gloss additive. I just can't see them spraying and working a whole boat over with regular gelcoat, that would take days of wet sanding. And it would still be wavy. They had to have a boosting additive.

Comment

Anyone catch the American Chopper show?? The POW/MIA bike came out pretty slick. I'm not as much of a fan of Paul Sr.'s old school designs, but he put some good thought and imagination into that bike. As usualy though, the kid that does the paint jobs outdid himself again. Hes unreal with his artwork.

Comment

Ya I watched that after as well. I thought they did a nice job on that POW-MIA bike. But the fact remains, them bikes just cost tooooo much. Not a real big fan of theme bikes just the same. Some good old custom HD works for me. As far as the paint goes. That artist is really at the top of the list for talents and at such a young age. Hope he doesn't breathe too many fumes. Care to guess at what it's worth? I have a good friend who does signs and lettering. I know he's not cheap.
                        2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mist-Rest

with a 200 yard rooster tail.

probably would have had better if they had attached some shovels to the transom.....

matt

Comment

I want my buddy Jodi Wilkinson to send in an audition tape for Monster Garage. Besides being the local Mako guru and excellent boat restoration expert, he also did all of the mold work (and a lot of other stuff) for the ROWLEY CORVETTE DAYTONA GTC.......(check it out at wwww.rowleycorvette.com) which was on the cover of KIT CAR magazine in 1989. This is very similar (but better) to the Ferrari/Corvette kit car used in the first season of Miami Vice.

Comment

Working...
                            X