getting off stickers and letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting off stickers and letters

my mako has a lame name ans old registration stickers what is the best easiest way to clean the stuff off?? thanks

Heat Gun or your wifes hair dryer. then use a plastic Bondo spreader to work at it, to get the corner up.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by amlsml

my mako has a lame name ans old registration stickers what is the best easiest way to clean the stuff off?? thanks

you can use a razaorblade but you must first bend (dull)

it on glass in one direction then when you use it you can not flip it over you can only use the one side.The heat gun trick only works on fresh vinyl.You would then

use xylene(tolulene) to remove the adhesive.Poeple pay me good money to take decals off their cars , boats.

Comment

Please DON'T use a razaorblade.[:-(] It can cut into the gellcoat.

Comment

The suggestion I made was for a handy person..If you are not a handy with a blade do not attempt to try.Pay someone who can.

Comment

paint thinner/mimeral spirits
            1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

If you go to a paint and body supply store, they have an aresol can of vynal letter remover, i cant remember the name brand of that the kind i had. You spray it on, wait 5-10 min. and it rubs right off, a soft edged spatcula worked real good. It takes off adhesive and all, and is paint and gel coat safe. This stuff is like a miracle
              Mike [br]Sneads Ferry, NC[br]\"Randum Hookup\"[br]1973 22\' Mako

Comment

a new razorblade with windex as a lubricant works very well. Try on a piece of window glass first to get feel for it.
                [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Comment

Working...
                X