Did Warthog build this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Warthog build this?

I found this unusual Mako for sale on Ebay. I thought you guys yould appreciate it.

I think someone is going to be Jealous!!![][]
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Interesting. But lacking the Warthog touch.[]
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

but they copied Warthog's design!!!! [}] even the color of the hull....[}][}]
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I've never seen it before. I guess I don't have the only Mako Pilothouse.[:x)]

The demensions are off a little. The length to height. I'm wondering if he cut that off of another boat? Got the direct link?

Comment

Yeah , that's what I thought. Looks like it was added from another boat. Scale is off - I agree. Not in your league!
            Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...502961228&rd=1

Boat is located in Australia.

Comment

I sent him a email asking about the Pilothouse.

Comment

Cut off from another boat and ugly. Worse of both worlds. 80K speeds???? Yea right.

Comment

Remeber, this is Australia, think metric system. Not many other places use the same messed up system we do. 80k per hour is not 80 knots, its 80 kilometers per hour, which according to my handy dandy convert program is 49.7097 mph or 43.19654 knots. I think that may be possible, unlikely, but possible.
                    [br]Keys to Life:[br]Life is all about ass; you\'re either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.[br]www.kjndiver.org[br]Orange, TX / Lake Charles, LA

Comment

This is the message the guy sent back to me.

Hello Bobby,

I have not had the boat for long and I am not sure when the Pilothouse was done

but I can tell you this Mako boat is very nice as I am sure you know.

I can tell you I have come across your website after I have bought this boat

when I was looking for information about the boat.

Here are more detailed photos and I will send you some more close ups if you

need to put them onto the website as you never know I might end up keeping it:

http://members.optushome.com.au/marism/MakoBoat.htm

Regards,

Valer

Comment

Yep. Its from down under alright. The steering wheel is on the wrong side of the boat.[88]
                        [br]Keys to Life:[br]Life is all about ass; you\'re either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.[br]www.kjndiver.org[br]Orange, TX / Lake Charles, LA

Comment

Working...
                        X