Source for Mako Switch Panels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Mako Switch Panels...

If you're looking for a supplier for switch panels, we've got one here in Tampa.

Advantage Boatworks has a supplier for the brown laminate material that is virtually identical to what Mako used in the 70's and 80's, before they switched over to the black and white material. Advantage is in the process of "redoing" an '85 Mako 254 and just installed the new brown switch panels yesterday. I saw it last night and it is a nice job. Advantage also built the new switch panel for my 224 last year.

They do the engraving as well. Contact Lou Baquero at (813) 877-1939 if you're interested. Lou can also do a complete panel with switches installed.

I'll take pictures of my boat and the 254 over the weekend and get them posted (if I can find my scanner cd!)

Tom
    Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Find out what material they are using please... and if I can buy some from them.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

It will just have to be time again to re-redo my dash. Too bad they are only 2 years old. Oh well, at least I have templates now[:x)]
      2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Thanks for posting this information. It is very timely for me.

Anthony Marino

Avalon, NJ
        Avalon, NJ

Comment

Prop Blast ... is this the type of panel?

Can they match the engraving and hole placing? If so I will give them a call. Thanks.
          72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Shako...

Yes, that's the panel. Lou can do it in the brown or black -- not sure if he has access to any other colors.

He can match the holes, do the engraving, and install some/all the switches as well. You'll have to give him the demensions obviously.

I'm going to try to get to his shop today or tomorrow to take some pictures of the work. If I can, I'll post them...

Tom
            Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Given the fact that your going; Would you mind asking if he will sell blank mat'l? I need two pieces 14"X14". Brown works but black may be better. Second thought,,, 2 of each[]
              2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Thanks Prop,

I will measure the dimensions and get back to him. Look forward to your pictures!
                72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Working...
                X