motor mount problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor mount problem?

I just repowered with a 200 evinrude from twin 90's. Obviously we had to drill new holes and start fom scratch as far as where to put the motor. It is throwing water onto the right side of my transom. I put a hydro foil on it hoping this would correct the problem but it didn't. What could be my problem, too low? too high? its a 25inch shaft on a 25 inch transom. We mounted it using the top holes on the motor so the lower unit is as low as possible now.[?][?][?]
    1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

Your gonn'a have to experment Mike, but it's to low. Now how much to raise it is the experment. Here's what I'd do. Unbolt and raise it one hole. Go run the boat. Use no sealer. Then raise it to the secound hole. Etc,Etc. When you figure out which hole to mount it in. Then pull the motor again and use 4200 as a sealer and remount. I know, I know. It's a PITA, but this will be the best way to get max performance.

When your testing the boat. Run the trim to make sure it doesn't cavitate and no water is blowing up around the motor.

Comment

thanks, I kinda figured I would have to raise it.

Comment

Wart is right on. One thing I'd add...you want to run as high as you can get away with, keep as much gearcase out of the water as possible. Mount it as high as you can without losing prop bite (having it cavatate) in chop and hard turns at speed.
          1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Working...
          X