• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako emblem

I just purchased a 1993 1901 Mako with

a 115 Yamaha.

Moved up from a 17 Ft whaler.

Two questions.

1. The boat is a little slow out of the hole.

Will a dolphlin fin help out any ?

2. The 1901 Emblem is missing from the starboard side.

Does anybody know where I can secure a replacement?

In advance, Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Try Marine Liquidators in Florida. There is a link on the main page.

Mark

Comment

You may want to consider replacing both with decals if you can't find the emblem (it says 1901, and not 191? hmm...).

I got my decals from some random guy on ebay. Search for Mako in eBay motors and you'll find about a dozen auctions.

Here's what seller "coreldario" did for me:

He was selling them in 12" sizes, and I asked for 24". I am really pleased. []
      \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

captbobb, I would be happy to go by and check stock at Marine Liquidators for you.

If you can give me a discription and size of the remaining emblem I will see if they have one.

Heck, I am always looking for an excuse to go by there and look around!
        Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by inkahootz

Heck, I am always looking for an excuse to go by there and look around!

Really? I'm still looking for a Mako 20 or 201 emblem or ANY emblem in brown. The "Mako" part ripped off on the port side in some rough water some time ago.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

My first time on this website and I am truly delighted on the quick response and offers thanks all.

Mubiks you are correct 191 my mistake I was working from memory

Inkahootz I had emailed Marine Liquidators a few times with no response. If you could give me your email address I will email you a picture. I can't seem to figure out how to attach the picture I have taken. I would greatly appreciate your looking out for me on your next trip to Marine Liquidators. In addition to the product price I would be more than happy to pay you for your time.

Thanks

Thanks again.

Comment

I also need emblems, so if someone's definitely going to go, please let me know as I'll probably want two, and would be fine with sharing costs. Thanks -

PS - Ideally I want simply "Mako 20". However I know these older ones may be rare. So anything "Mako 20x" will do, and I suppose I can do some surgery and cut off whatever the "x" is. And, preferrably in a dark color - the old dark brown, or a navy blue or a black. Still, if not avail I'll take any color and repaint.
              NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

Larry, it looks like a bunch of us are at least going to pay for your gas to get there...[]

I need new Mako17 emblems, and would be happy to make it worth your while.
                \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Inkahootz (Larry)-

When you do go to Marine Connection and pick up Mako emblems for everyone, be sure to look in the cardboard boxes underneath the display rack. Last time I was there, the boxes were filled with the smaller Mako17 and Mako19 emblems that were found on the small Makos from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

To anyone who has been there before and bought a set of emblems, how much do these things cost? I'd be willing to buy the whole dang lot and then at least anyone who wanted a set would know where to get them... this site seems to be the first place people come looking for them. It's a real shame MCL doesn't catalog their stuff.

Comment

I will go up there this Saturday and see what they have. Either post your request or e-mail me at [email protected].

I will be happy to go through their inventory for y'all, just give me specifics on what you are looking for, and I will report back.

I'm not looking to make a profit guys, or even cover my cost on gas, it is only a short drive. I go by there every day on my way to and from work but my hours are longer than theirs.

Comment

I am sorry to all that were expecting me to make it to Marine connection Liquidators today.

My roofer showed up a week early and I was delighted to have him. The decking needed some repairs once they got the roof stripped and I made those repairs before the felt went down.

I will make up for it by going on Tuesday morning on my way to work.(they are closed Monday)

Again sorry, I do have several e-mails and will get all requests answered.

On the bright side I won't have to worry about rain in my living room any more!

Comment

Hey no problem Larry! I'm just happy to have someone go there and look around.
                          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                          1985 Mako 20c - sold
                          Fort Walton Beach, FL
                          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Larry,

You are great to do the shopping for us. I know I really appreciate your stopping. I hope they have my item. I am sure all appreciate your efforts.

Hope you are dry before the weekend is out.

Thanks again,

Larry Smith

Pasadena, Tx

'97 Mako 191
                            Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

OK I'm going this morning, I will try to post and reply to e-mails tonight (Tuesday) or tomorrow am.

Comment

Working...
                              X