Do I pull the trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I pull the trigger?

Buying a 1989 26' W/A w/twin 200hp (same year)

boat kept in great shape, LOADED w/ electronics

was a guide boat over 800' hours, proffesionally maintained

no trailer, no hard top

live in the west coast, boat is in the east coast

cannot get engines properly surveyed cause of weather and the engines have been winterized

hauling cost will be around $3 to $4k

so maybe I have to replace the engines in a year or two

what is this boat worth?

I think I can get it for $15k

what do I do?

thanks Jeff

[email protected]

I don't know what that particular boat is worth myself, but I'd definitely start by finding out the expected blue book value of it. ...darn, I can't find the URL, but maybe one of the other fine gents around here has it handy.

Anyone care to comment?

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

If I were you, I would a wait a couple of months till spring thaw so that I could have those engines surveyed. Considering their age, they are near the end of their useful life.

Unless you have $25 lying around for new engines, that is what I would do.

As for the asking price, $15k seems about right, it really depends on the engines. But you need to factor in the shipping costs of 3K. Where on the west coast do you live? Southern Cal??? You should be able to find a nice mako out there.

Comment

1989 26' W/A with twin 200's $15000

shipping cost $ 3-4 grand

owning a Mako priceless

All kiding aside the price on the mako is good if the motors check out,and the boat is solid.You really need to go and look at it real close.If you like what you see,save the shipping fee and buy a trailer and take her home.
        Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

thank you guys, I'm even more hesitant now.

As for the west coast, not hardly any.

Comment

Working...
          X