Fuel Tank Sending Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Sending Unit?

Does anyone know the type and size of fuel tank sending unit I need to replace the one in a 1993 261B?

not sure if it's different for your boat, maybe depends on the type, style, and size of your tank. When I replaced my sender, all I saw were universals. The only measurement that I needed to take was the depth of my tank. Once I got that it was mater of final adjustments. On mine there is a stationary top arm with a swinging lower arm with a float on the end. I had to cut to lenth the lower arm so that completely empty was the arm extended all the way down and full was the arm lifted completely to the top.
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

The simple thing to do would be to just take the bad one out and run down to the marine store and buy a new one, but I'm 600 miles from my boat and want to go ahead and buy the correct one to replace it with on my next trip down. If anyone could tell me the size I need, I would really appreciate it!

Comment

as mentioned, it will depend on the fuel tank you have. Most are universal to fit a range from x" to x" (x" being the depth of your tank). What I may recommend is to buy several different range models to take with you. When you get to your boat, remove the old unit and measure your tank. Pick the one that best fits yours and install. When you get back, you can return the ones you didn't use. Oh yea, don't forget to buy sealant. The kits come with a gasket but I still like to put a bead of silicone around it for added security.
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
        X