specks in pontchatrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specks in pontchatrain?

[?]Yo Ringleader or anyone else in the Slidell area, do you have any recent reports about the speck action in the lake pontchatrain area? I was thinking about splashing the 211 tomorrow.
    Justus[br]\'93-211 Classic [br]Baton Rouge

No reports other than night fishing... Thats been pretty good. Lots of reds along the shore lines right at duck in my neighborhood as well. Stinky shrimp on the bottom along drop offs. Under the lights live cocahoes will do the trick.

You can splash the 211 and drop by my house! I'll be there working all day... You know where Lakeshore Estates is?
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Hey Ring,

I truly appreciate the info as well as the invite to stop by for a visit. Unfortunately, as soon as I mentioned my intention to go fishing, I was quickly reminded of a cub scout event on Saturday that I either forgot about or tried to forget. You just wait, your little latest edition's upcoming dance recitals and brownie events your fishing trips too will be preemepted in a hurry.[] Anyway, I realize this forum is not exactly geared to fishing info, but i'd sure like you to keep me posted when you hear the speck's are appearing in the lake in good numbers. Again, Thanx!

Justus

'93-211

Baton Rouge
      Justus[br]\'93-211 Classic [br]Baton Rouge

Comment

I've been threatening to open a fishing section. Anytime you are thinking about heading to the Lake P. just let meknow. I am about 3 minutes off of the lake and always have cold beer.

As for the little girl... I've already had to miss a ton of trips for other things. Its just something I've gotten used to. With my current work situation (which sucks). I really can't afford to go fishing anyway.

Comment

Ed, I finished up on the Wellcraft so it is fishable for now. Let's get together and wet a line. The trout are running and its time to take a break and fish! Send me an e-mail....Tony.
          79 Mako 23[br]85 Wellcraft 18 fisherman[br]Hammond, La.

Comment

I know this a little late, but last Friday afternoon I fished at unknown pass under the train tressles and cought a 27# redfish, 2 other good size reds, 1- 6.5 # flounder and a couple nice trout and croackers. On Sunday early afternoon I took the wife and 2 girls{first time fishing} back in lake Catherine at a spot called True Louie and cought 2 big yellow mouth trout and one nice red. At Unknown Pass my 9 year old cought 2 nice size trout. We would have cought some more i believe but we left at 5:00pm just when the fishing gets good. The bigger fish were cought using live croakers on the bottom.

Two guys I work with have camps on the Island and they have been catching a fair amount of trout and reds Along the east side of lake catherine, unknown pass, and lake borne shoreline.

I am going to do my best to get back out to this area this weekend if possible.
            Tinys Mako 21[br]Slidell, La

Comment

Tony, I wish I could go... The whole bay thing is keeping me busy as well as trying to finish the house so we can close on Nov. 18. To top it all we have a stack of Thank you notes to write as well as a wedding or tow over the next several weeks. Wow! My head hurts just thinking about it all. If I even bring up fishing or boats the wife goes crazy on me. Maybe in the Spring things will be better.

Comment

I don't fish in that neck of the woods but somebody at work said they did well at the Hwy 11 bridge a couple of days ago. I don't even know where they were talking about, I fish out front. hope it means something to ya'll.[]
                1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

Hwy 11 bridge is the bridge that is off to your right as you travel south along the I-10 bridge (twin Spans). Also called the 5 mile bridge sometimes. The next bridge over is the train bridge.

Comment

Eddie, I'm busy too. I just bought my license Wed. 10/27 to fish on Thurs. 10/29. Went to Point la Hache from Buras. 42 nice specs and only 3 throwbacks. If the weather says like this, they might stick around a while. My buddy was fishing with live shrimp but I showed him up with a DOA under a popping cork. That Wellcraft drafts more water than I used to...I know I rearranged a few oyster reefs[:u]. All in all I am impressed with the boat and the performance for it's size. I do need a trolling motor but all in time. If you get a window, let me know...Tony
                    79 Mako 23[br]85 Wellcraft 18 fisherman[br]Hammond, La.

Comment

Working...
                    X